Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 9 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:02 PM | Locked

Kris~Sorry to hear about your bad day. What scary news about your GF's husband. We had a reverse 911 call this afternoon that someone had robbed the Mobil gas station/Dunkin Donuts out on the main road. At gun point! They had a real good description of him and were warning people to lock all doors and be on the lookout. Scary times.

Lelsie~Hope your mothers check up went well.

Marge~ Glad your doc appt. results have been good.

Gini~Hope your mother can get regulated by the leads so she can get her energy back.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:54 PM | Locked

Kim

WOW That is an absolutely gorgeous picture. But cold. OMG

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 11:04 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Hey guys - a freind just let me know that Bear Paw is having a BIG sale. All their QQF (quality quilting fabrics - a BIG selection) is on sale for 3.49 per yard if bought in 2 yd minimums.  Just be aware that they will ring it up at the regular price then charge your card and refund it too, but you will get both receipts.   This NOT to be missed if you need... er, I mean want some quality and name brand fabrics.

Hey guys - I was reminded when I hit on this shop in the Shop Hop - it is in my home town in Illinois, and I've never got to go to it!  Every time we've been to visit Flora since the shop was there, some way we missed going to it - hope to remedy that the next time we make it up there!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 11:51 PM | Locked

we had a nice dinner tonight with my mom and dad and mom's two sisters and BIL's.  dr byrd was having his annual christmas party at the same time and they kept shushing us.  we really weren't that loud.   my cousin is one of the chefs there so we got real good service. 

we stopped at my aunts house on the way home to see her tacky christmas decorations for her block party.   they are very tacky.  she called the "flocked" lady and now has a huge flock of plastic flamingos in the snow.   during the summer, you can pay $50 to have someone flocked and this woman takes her flock to their house.  you have to pay $50 to get rid of the  flock.  so the flamingos make the rounds.  the money goes to charity. 

as sam rolled me in the door tonight , i told him it would be nice to have a flock of flamingos in the front.   he told me i couldn't flock myself   darn.      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 2:17 AM | Locked

Gini,

flocking sounds like fun. Perhaps they're on their way and you don't know it yet. 

I'm glad you had a nice dinner.

I'm having hot chocolate and getting ready for bed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:28 AM | Locked

Leslie :
I'm sorry I missed you, I'm not working today,

LOL, nor working is sometimes a good thing. glad you could sleep in!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:32 AM | Locked

kim:

This is a lighthouse on Lake Erie on the west side of Cleveland, Oh.

Kim, I am just now seeing this pic. Thank you Lord that I live in FLorida! This lil ol southern belle would just curl up and die in that!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 5:54 AM | Locked

Diane I thought about that too.

I pulled the picture from the online news story so I could share. It's always nice when we make the news for something "good" no our bad sports teams or crime LOL.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 7,035
Shellie replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 1:20 PM | Locked

kim:

Does anyone know how to take a picture and turn it into a pieced quilt pattern? I would like to make a quilt of a hockey goalie but have it made of pieced blocks to make the picture not an applique picture. Does that make sense? I have a picture in my head but don't know how to make it work.

I have been thinking about doing the same thing, but haven't had the time to invest in the entire undertaking yet.  Here is my thought on the process - I create and sell Counted Cross Stitch Patterns and often do custom patterns for my customers.  Now the color chart that is produced is for embroidery thread, but if you assigned each color of thread to a specific piece of fabric I believe it could be used as a quilt pattern.  The pattern can either be all squares or squares and half-square triangles.  The program runs at various threads to the inch, but could be interpreted as each square being one inch, so that each block would be one inch square, like a postage stamp quilt.  Now an extremely detailed photograph would either lose most of the details or would have to be made HUGE to capture the details.  I am not sure if I am explaining this all very well, but the process seems rather simple in my head, the hardest part would be piecing all those little squares together, but the pattern prints out on a graph to make it "easier" to follow along.  If you want me to try it with your photo you can friend me and I will send you my email address to send the photo to.  I can run it through and see what we can come up with and then you can take it from there.

There is also a program available that does this especially for quilts, but it is rather spendy and I haven't convinced myself that it is worth the investment yet.  I saw it on eBay last year sometime, so I am not sure where you would  find it now.

Shellie - south central Washington state

Linaria Dalmatica Designs

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 1:43 PM | Locked

chocake2:
DD came home the other day complaining that the Home ec class gets to make Rosettes this week

I remember my Mom and Grandmother making those when I was a child.  I have never tried to make them. 

chocake2:
I had to take Joseph's head off twice before I got it right, and if you think that's bad, baby Jesus is lumpy!

Well, I hope Joseph has a head now.  Ah lumpy baby --- well after all he was wrapped in swaddling clothes.  They sound lumpy. 

chocake2:
By Morning I may regret the descision...

So how did the night in the box go???  Before I married Dave, I would often sleep on the sofa with the tree lights on during the Christmas season. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:11 PM | Locked

Hi Y'all

checking in again. I Let my membership lapse and now I am BAAAAAACCCKKK!! Still working, but hope to quit at the end of January. So many groups I want to join, but will have to wait for now

Miss you all and Merry Christmas and happy Quilting

Quilty Hugs

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:15 PM | Locked

Gagoo

It is so good to "see" you.  Hope you have had good days and are all ready for Christmas.  Have you gotten to do any quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:25 PM | Locked

Gagoo~ Welcome back. I miss your smiling avatar and all your show and tells. Do you find any time to quilt at all or are you too busy with work? Have you looked at the Farmers Wife Sampler? This would get you back in the groove.  Nana's leading it and you can't go wrong with nana's lead. She'll lead us all right down the merry path and we all follow like her little sheeplets.

North of Boston MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:34 PM | Locked

Oh my gosh, another sampler. I dropped out of the SBS, does this one have larger blocks(Ihope)I am a good sheeplet, or as my husband says SHEOPLE, I made a baby quilt for a friend at work last week, but other than that I am ashamed to say "NO". Making 11 jammie bottoms this weekend.

My love to both Nana and Diane and the rest of the girls

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:51 PM | Locked

The night in the box was a smashing success.  When I checked them around midnight they were all wrapped up in a tangle of arms and legs, no telling which limb went to which brother, and both snoring softly. What treasures under the tree!

Today i took the kids to the big town to do their shopping. Just my luck, they wanted to go to Walmart...  on the last Saturday before Christmas!!    It was a ZOO!!    Last week when hubby and I were there and they didn't seem to have nearly as much stuff out. Today they had island displays in every isle, which made getting throughthe crowds that much more difficult .

An oddest thing happened while we were there. DS1 and I were in line, waiting to pay for his gift to Jr, and the poor cashier was having an awful time with her till. The lady ahead of us had a huge order. She was yacking on her cell phone and glaring at the clerk like she was some sort of scurge to the planet, and in general, behaving badly. The lady behind us sorta reminded me of the weird kid in line to see Santa in The Christmas story --The one who says "I like Christmas. ...I Like the Wizard of Oz." She kept crowding in closer to me with each new observation she had to share. Unfortunately she was not stating things she found pleasure in, but instead appearently dissing everyone she laid eyes on.  

So we were stuck in a bit of an unpleasant spot.  I looked down to see how my son was handling the tight confines of the line, and he was grinning from ear to ear, and waving past the crabby lady. I scanned the crowd and didn't register anyone we knew, so I asked "Who are you waving too?" He beamed and said "Santa! He just winked at me." I looked a little harder, and sure enough, there he was, standing off to one side, watching the crowd. No one seemed to notice him at all. In fact most of them acted like they couldn't even see him!    If he was checking up on things, he sure musta found a lot of folks to put on his naughty list in Walmart.  :S  I thought we should stop and say hello on our way our, but when I looked up again he was gone.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 9 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use