Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 8 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:59 AM | Locked

Everyone have a Great Quilting Day.  If I don't get off here and get quilting I will not get this quilt done.  "see" everyone later tonight.

Granny M  Sewing Machine 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 1:05 PM | Locked

Lunch break.  Fed the hubby, moved laundry around and started the last load.  Yippee!!  Pays to get started before the birds wake up. 

I got another dress made today.  Now tonight after we back home, I need to do the snaps hidden behind tiny buttons on the jamiie tops and the two dresses.  I have some pink panties cut out to go with the two dresses so I need to get back to the sewing room.  Probably won't be back here until tomorrow. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 2:53 PM | Locked

So far it has been a decent day, not to busy at work. I just wanted to share a picture of what I saw on the way to work this morning.

This is a lighthouse on Lake Erie on the west side of Cleveland, Oh.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 2:55 PM | Locked

Kim

Beautiful picture....but wow that is cold.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 170,013
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 3:00 PM | Locked

Kim, how cold is that!!!!!!!  brrrrr  Thanks for sharing

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 3:08 PM | Locked

It's actually not that cold. It has been around 22 degrees all week. We has a snow storm earlier this week with alot of wind which kicked up the waves and then the water froze once it was on the lighthouse. It is kind of a freak thing but beautiful to see.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 3:16 PM | Locked

Does anyone know how to take a picture and turn it into a pieced quilt pattern? I would like to make a quilt of a hockey goalie but have it made of pieced blocks to make the picture not an applique picture. Does that make sense? I have a picture in my head but don't know how to make it work.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 3:57 PM | Locked

Kim

Sorry but I can't help with that one.  Hopefully someone else will have the answer for you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 4:13 PM | Locked

Kim - your lighthouse made the news briefs on my home page.  Brrr.  I remember how cold it can get living near one of the Great Lakes. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 4:27 PM | Locked

http://www.bearpawquilting.com/special.html

Hey guys - a freind just let me know that Bear Paw is having a BIG sale. All their QQF (quality quilting fabrics - a BIG selection) is on sale for 3.49 per yard if bought in 2 yd minimums.  Just be aware that they will ring it up at the regular price then charge your card and refund it too, but you will get both receipts.   This NOT to be missed if you need... er, I mean want some quality and name brand fabrics.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,737
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:06 PM | Locked

Love the card Marie. Cute dog.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,737
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:16 PM | Locked

I'm definitely having a better work day. I had one patient tell me how "hot" I am and that it was hard not to stare at me LOL. One absolutely cute 11 year old patient and his mom were lots of fun. Oh and my stocking was full agin. Five gift wrapped packages that I've been instructed not to open until Christmas, a pair of earrings my co-worker made, assorted hand sewing needles with needle threaders, quilting pins and chalk marking pencils in white pink and blue.

I've emptied the stocking for the next round. Tee hee. The other stockings are filling up too. Hopefully I'll get the stuff I ordered to add my contribution.

I've still got a headache so I made an appointment with my doctor. I'm seeing him on Monday. 

It's cold but no white stuff.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:17 PM | Locked

Sorry about your friend, Kris. He was lucky. As a police officer, I can tell you crime increases immensely during the holiday season. Then on Christmas Eve, we have the attempted suicides, etc.

So, I finished my 48" x 72w warm windows curtain for one picture window. Now the next one is 48x 120--not looking forward to that one.

Marge, Glad your tests came out fine.  I have colitis and have the thrill of that test often!!!!.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:50 PM | Locked

elgato15:
crime increases immensely during the holiday season. Then on Christmas Eve, we have the attempted suicides, etc.
That's an understatement. There's a reason they call January "Suicide Participation Month" around here. Folks really get the blues this time of year and do some pretty dumb things.

It was a quiet day here. We had a bit of snow, not enough to turn the ground white agian, but enough to look pretty in the street lights.

I made a few more "hot-dog" Santa sacks this morning,  thinking a that it might be a good idea to have a few extra. Jr immediately claimed one for his very own. He's filled it with all kinds of special treasures -marbles, sea shells, a pretty bit of plastic, a match box car...

DD came home the other day complaining that the Home ec class gets to make Rosettes this week and she's missing out because she doesn't have that class this semester. So, I made up some batter this afternoon and let her fry them up after she did her homework. Jr found my Candy thermometer on the counter before we started and broke it, so getting the temp right was rather hit and miss. As a result we have some very well done cookies, and others are grease laiden and floppy...   No matter. I have a happy chil'.   DD thinks she really did something grand!

Last night DD and I had our stained glass workshop. We finished out little nativities. I'm not pleased with my own, but her's is just darling. The soldering iron was not my friend... I had to take Joseph's head off twice before I got it right, and if you think that's bad, baby Jesus is lumpy!

I've promised the bigs a trip to town to do their Chirstmas shopping tomorrow. Lord, help me face the day...

The boys are sleeeping in the living room tonight. I agreed to let them spend the night in their big box by the tree. By Morning I may regret the descision...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:50 PM | Locked

Kim~

Cool picture. I hope that's not a manned lighthouse. They be human icicles.

North of Boston MA

Page 8 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use