Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 7 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 1:58 AM | Locked

marge, i'm glad your test were ok,

kris, im sorry you had a bad day, but i'm happy your friend didn't get hurt

i had a good day,   all of my christmas shopping except for the gift cards is finished.    i didn't go home afterwards, but went straight to the studio.   my daughter's best friend has set up a date night with me every thursday evening, to sew and do crafts.  tonight was our first date.   she has two small and very active boys, and has been doing her crafts with 1 year old dex hanging off her leg.  we had a great evening.  we laughed about how long it would take before my daughter would figure out how to join us.    while i was gone, DD called the house in a panic.   she had covered for her friend, another math teacher and didn't get her homework done.    so sam took anna for the evening.  they had a good grampa and princess evening .  grampa has a hard time remembering she's a princess sometimes and makes her mind.  thankfully they didn't have any issues tonight. 

tomorrow, i get to help with the school parties, lucky me.   i hear we are decorating graham cracker houses and making santas,   should be fun.  

to morrow evening  my youngest aunt has organized a dinner outing with  all her siblings and spouses. since she is only a couple  years older than me, she considers me a younger sister and we get to go, too.    

mom went to her cardioligist today.   she has been geting weaker and weaker.   it seems one of her leads isn't working too well, so they turned up the juice and told her she will be getting more energy soon.   so they need to go in and hook up the other lead.  evidently they put in a spare, just in case?      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 4:00 AM | Locked

Leslie, I got online to say hi to you this morning only to discover that I am the only one here. How very lonely it is! LOL! I woke up at 4 - yuck - so here I am. I guess maybe I took too long reading email and didn't get here soon enough. I was thinking of you though.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:04 AM | Locked

Pat - I woke up at 5 but didn't crank up the computer right away.  I'm sorry you were all alone out in cyberland.  :o( 

Had breakfast of bagel and hot chocolate along with reading some more of my "Mitford" book.  I've already got my second load of laundry going.  Took care of the cats and fish while Hubby snoozes away.  Man is he spoiled of what? 

Last night I played around and came up with some fleece ""sleeping bags" for Dave's DGD dolls.  My first effort was a bust.  I think the second one will work.  The hunk of fleece monkey print I had wasn't long enough so I topped each with some solid color fleece - turquiose on one and sorta red on the other - so they will be able to tell them apart.  Today I will get back to clothes. 

I also made a Snoopy sleeping bag and a little doll quilt (with some preqiulted fabric I had) to take to Sunday school.  One of the other ladies is getting a doll for the oldest child in our Christmas family.  I will show her the two things I made to see if they will work for the doll she is getting. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:10 AM | Locked

Kris - I remeber working at JC Penney on Christmas Eve day.  I worked in the children's dept. and it seemed like I was scheduled to work that day every year for the 8 years I was there.   I think every father that came in to find something for their kids had fortified himself with a "nip".  By Christmas Eve day, we were pretty much picked over as far as winter clothes and had started putting out Spring merchandise.  These poor dads would just be wandering around trying to figure out what to buy.  Most had no clue what size the child wore.  It was humorous but also sad in a way.   

Hopefully you will have a better night tonight - if you are scheduled to work. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:13 AM | Locked

Pat , I was on here about 5 am. but didn't look to see who else was on. just started read post and replying..Not real sure just yet what my day is gonna be like. for a change  no appointments , not work , and just maybe  DH will let me do some sewing today without to much grumbling,LOL  I still waiting on my new baby to get here I am hoping she will be here today. I won a bid on EBay for a used  Husqvarna Viking ,and I'm due to get her any day now. SO keep you fingers crossed for me lol   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:16 AM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:

Leslie, I got online to say hi to you this morning only to discover that I am the only one here. How very lonely it is! LOL! I woke up at 4 - yuck - so here I am. I guess maybe I took too long reading email and didn't get here soon enough. I was thinking of you though.

Oh Pat, I'm sorry I missed you, I'm not working today, I have to take my Mom, back to see her surgeon today, for her 3month check up so I slept in.  It is lonely when your the only one on in the mornings.. I'm happy  you  thought of me lol.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:36 AM | Locked

Thought you might like this, enjoy!
Click on the dog

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:41 AM | Locked

That was so cute Marie.  I especially liked when he couldn't resist sampling the cookies. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:55 AM | Locked

mars92:

Rain in Arizona too-can you believe that-even took the power down when I was sewing- EEKS!!

A lot to be said for owing a trendle machine isn't there Mars. Here I was the one worried about the electric going off, and it got you instead of me???? 

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:00 AM | Locked

Kris

Isn't sad what the world has come to, guns on the highway, good grief.  Not safe anywhere anymore.  Makes one wonder what is next.  I remember working in ER at Christmas time, makes you wonder where some of the people who come in stored thier brain.  Hopefully today will be a better day.  Sewing will help to wash away the bad vibes of the week.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:02 AM | Locked

Jacquelyn:

Will buy more material and seal myself in the house until spring, look out the window at the cold and hibernate. Hope the snow holds off until my kids come in from Calif,I'll hold my breath until they get here and breath when they arrive-Jacquelyn

Best Idea I have heard for winter weather

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:09 AM | Locked

Pat

I was up at 5 am but played around getting housework done so I could have the rest of the day to sew.  Terrible to be alone in cyberland.  I hope I get some of the quilting done on my lastest quilt today.  Have to go to the store for rest of Christmas dinner stuff.  But am not getting out on the roads until they clear off.  DH scraped the driveway and cleared of the vehicles today, so I am good to go when the road clears.  Tomorrow is the Golden Girls Christmas Breakfast and I don't want to miss it, so hope the sun shines a little while today. 

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:14 AM | Locked

Marie

This is precious.  Thanks for sharing.  Merry Christmas to you as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:30 AM | Locked

gini:
mom went to her cardioligist today

Gini sorry your mom is having problems and pray they will be corrected with the other lead.

You are amazing with all you have on your plate and still have time to crank out those beautiful quilts.  How old did you say you were, 18?  You certainly have the energy of an 18 year old!  God Bless you!  And keep it up my friend. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:50 AM | Locked

marie, that was a very cute card     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Page 7 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use