Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 4 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 2:25 PM | Locked

chocake2:
He wanted them for breakfast this morning - takes after his Daddy, I guess

Hey one of the best breakfasts I had was when my first hubby was in the hospital two months after we got married and my SIL was staying with me.  We had chocolate pudding and chocolate cake for breakfast.  YUM!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 2:37 PM | Locked

Chocake, thanks for posting the link on the baked potato pockets - the 100% cotton makes a lot of sense.  I've seen the pattern & kits all over but never that tip.

Thea, thanks for the link to the "tater" batting - I wonder how long it took someone to come up with that idea?!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 2:45 PM | Locked

Winter continues to keep us cold in Chicago.  We're slated for even more snow overnight (2-4 inches, I think), but the western & southwestern suburbs are due to be hit earlier & harder. It was in the teens the last two days & will be in the teens & 20's the rest of the week.  It's funny how warm it seems today after yesterday. Poor dogs still don't like it & Auggie just doesn't get why he can't stay out all day - he's under the covers on our bed right now doing his best to stay warm :-)

I have accomplished three things so far today: drive DH to work, go to LQS for background fabric for the stack n whack quilt, make it home in time to watch my silly soap opera!? LOL  If i catch it a few times a month, I'm all caught up :-)

Now time to accomplish #4 - getting some quilting done.

Hope you are all well, warm & happy today!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 5:00 PM | Locked

Welcome Wanda~

You'll get your answer here from someone. Great group of nice, friendly and helpful people. And some can even quilt!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 5:09 PM | Locked

MN Nancy~

I got your package today with the books. I'm looking at the return address and I'm racking my brains what did I order now from MN, no less. Couldn't think of a dang thing so the next logical step was to open it. Then the brain kicked in and it was from you. Thanks for the Bostwick book, too. I haven't read any of that series yet. I'm still in dreamland with Elm Creek Manor. I so want to go there.

Thanks again and I'll pass these books forward when done. Maybe on the Quilters Marketplace.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,852
Points 366,452
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:19 PM | Locked

Wanda:

Thinking of making "baked potato pockets" for use in the microwave instead of paper towels. It's a fabric project I've seen but never attempted. Anybody ever made one? Did you use anything in particular in the lining? I know it needs to be all cotton. 

Hi Wanda,

welcome. Our LQS had a demo for these during their open house. The batting used is called "Warm Tater" from Warm and Natural.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:24 PM | Locked

Hi Wanda, welcome to the site, see you already have your answer.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,852
Points 366,452
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:39 PM | Locked

OK,

I missed all the replies about the potato pockets. I haven't been on the site and the last group of emails were late. Oh well can't have too much info right?

I'm at work feeling quite irritated. My patients aren't very co-operative and the ED isn't making it any easier getting them ready for their exams. Bad IVs all around and lots of drunkards tonight. On patient was complaining that the girl wouldn't give him a kiss even though he asked nicely. 

I'm counting the minutes 'til I can get out of here. 

We had some s**w over night but it was all gone by noon time. There's more in the air but nothing to worry about yet.

Here's a photo of our stockings at work (just CT techs):

They were put up yesterday and today mine was filled with candy, a McDonald's gift card and a glow in the dark, lighted Slinky. Apparently they felt I need something that falls down the stairs instead of me. LOL. I wasn't supposed to open it yet but it was sticking out of the top. Can you tell which one is mine?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:41 PM | Locked

I would assume its the one overflowing lol.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:51 PM | Locked

Diane,

Oh, good, I'm glad they got to you in a timely manner.  With your fondness for animals, I think you'll love "Enslaved by Ducks."

It turns out you can ship books inexpensively if you tell them they're books.  I don't know why that's cheaper than other packages.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:55 PM | Locked

Well, Kris, why didn't you hang a quilted stocking?  If you need help with that, CC's son could make you a dynamite crazy-quilt sock.  He's very good!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:59 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Jeepers Creepers! You stay away for a day and changes. This is a good one. That forum was so large! But it won't take us long to fill this one up either. A bunch of chatterboxes.

I thought the same thing, Diane--I have been trying to finish up the Shop Hop the last two days, and come back to see it changed - but we did need that!  Sewing:  I made several gift bags - using old metal measuring tape pieces to make snap closures - cute and different.  Tomorrow is our Quilting Club meeting, too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,852
Points 366,452
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:46 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Well, Kris, why didn't you hang a quilted stocking?

Nancy,

the lead tech asked me about making some but she talked herself out of it and bought these at Walmart instead (cheaper). She put coins on them with our names embossed. Very creative.

Leslie,

yes mine is the overflowing one. I will empty it before I go home so I can get more stuff. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 10:04 PM | Locked

Looks like yucky weather is on the way.  We have a winter storm warning expecting 5 inches of snow with possible sleet and ice.  Does not sound like fun to me........  Supposed to start overnight.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 12:15 AM | Locked

wil and i played in our christmas recital tonight.  this is the first year that wil and i got all the christmas songs to play with the group.   sabira asked wil to play a solo a couple of weeks ago, but he was being a stinker so she gave it to someone else.    he was pretty bummed at himself that he didn't get to do a solo,  afterwards, so next year he'll be a better boy, i hope.   and he told me that i didn't do too much squeeking this year, so i guess i have improved.    i made sabira the cutest eyeglass case for christmas, but i forgot to take a picture.    it was seminole piecing.  i really need to make a quilt from these patterns.  

we're getting colder and snow is in the forecast,  yes!!!    tomorrow, i'm off to the big city to get the last  (read all) of my christmas shopping done.   then i will be able to relax and enjoy the holidays.    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 4 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use