This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:24 AM | Locked

Marilyn B:
Hannukka came early early this year. 
Marilyn - did you get a chance to make any placemats?  I put a picture of ours in my gallery for you.  If you have difficulty finding fabric, I could see what our JoAnn's has left and send you some.  If they are out this year, there is always next year.  I'd be more than happy to help you out in that vein.  I know that I didn't see much that tripped my switch on line but our JoAnn's had a nice selection, which surprised me.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:27 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
Between Buffalo and Cleveland on Lake Erie...

Oh so you are in one of those lovely areas that gets socked by the "lake effect snows"????

Ms MoomMist:
My little guy "grandson" age 6 is coming on Saturday to bake cookies so the cleaning has to been done before we do that.

Uh - won't you be doing cleaning AFTER your baking session?  I remember what the kitchen looked like after baking sessions with my boys and then later on with the grands. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 110
Wanda replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:06 AM | Locked

Thinking of making "baked potato pockets" for use in the microwave instead of paper towels. It's a fabric project I've seen but never attempted. Anybody ever made one? Did you use anything in particular in the lining? I know it needs to be all cotton. 

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:29 AM | Locked

Wanda - I have seen the project in Nancy's notions.  I looked to see what was included in the kits and it just mentions 100%cotton fabric, thread and batting.  I thought it may take some of the insulating type fabric but it isn't mentioned. 

By the way - I see this is your first post.  Welcome.  Love the sunflowers. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:33 AM | Locked

Wanda , welcome to the club. Hope you enjoy your time with us , this is a great club...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:44 AM | Locked

welcome wanda,   i've never  heard of a baked potato pocket, but i'm sure someone on here can give you some info on them    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:46 AM | Locked

Marge

You can't put the insulated batting in the microwave.....it has some type of metal in it.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:52 AM | Locked

I've seen them Wanda, but never made one. I'd imagine you would want 100% cotton batting as wella s cloth. Cna you magine the stink if the polyester stuff started to melt!?? Ew!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 10:02 AM | Locked

So, I had this happy little delusion that I'd get to sew yesterday! Ha! Ri-i-ight I would... Life got in the way again. 

I sent my friend a pair of earrings and pendant for Christmas. The sneak, she opened them early. And Then there was a flurry of phone calls to thank me ...then to ask if I could make more for her DiL's stocking stuffers...then to order another set for her friends B-day in Jan. I swear every time I hung up the phone she was calling me back to spend more of her hard earned $$.  Cripes! On the bright side, she single handedly wiped out my left-overs from the Christmas stroll. LOL I'm waiting to mail the package, just to be sure she doesn't think of anybody else today. In the meantime, it looks like I'm going to be busy at the torch, throwing more beads for the next few days. My supply is down to nothing.  So much for sewing... :(

Jr and I made jell-o spritz cookies yesterday. He loved that!! When he put in the 'special sugar (lime jell-o) they turned green!    He wanted them for breakfast this morning - takes after his Daddy, I guess. The kitchen is still covered in flour. It'll be days before I track it all down and get it all swept up. LOL At least the rest of you can relate to cooking with kids.  :D

I hope everyone is well rested and the migrains have all past today. You're in my prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 10:07 AM | Locked

Wanda:

Thinking of making "baked potato pockets" for use in the microwave instead of paper towels. It's a fabric project I've seen but never attempted. Anybody ever made one? Did you use anything in particular in the lining? I know it needs to be all cotton. 

I found  some instructions for you: http://www.ehow.com/how_5476576_make-baked-potato-bags.html          Hope this helps.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 10:10 AM | Locked

Your cat is the twin to my Taffy that I adopted!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 10:14 AM | Locked

This was for Barbara-somehow it ended up in the wrong spot!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 10:20 AM | Locked

Gee, with all us sick or injured I feel like we're ready for the rocking chair! Hope you all feel better soon.  I'm hearing snow for the weekend and it is only in the teens today.  Keep looking out for Smokey.  I left our garage door opened a bit last night just in case.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 12:06 PM | Locked

Baked Potato Pockets or bags:

You can google this and get good instructions - but one thing to remember is to use all cotton products.  If you use anything with polyester, you risk the chance of your bag burning up in the microwave...

We make thiese every year at the LQS here - we embroider different designs on the front... so cute... I believe that www.fabricdepot.com has some some batting called Warm tater batting... if you go to there site and search batting it is down at the bottom of the page it includes a pattern for making the bag.  page for the batting:

warm cotton batting

I do recommend if you are going to decorate to make sure that you use only cotton thread!  and if you decide to do a applique on the front again make sure that the product you use is all cotton.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 2:23 PM | Locked

Nana:

Marge

You can't put the insulated batting in the microwave.....it has some type of metal in it.

Ok - that makes sense as to whythey don't use the insul brite stuff and just use cotton batting. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 3 of 256 (3830 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use