Page 2 of 256 (3830 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 6:52 PM | Locked

diane .. I sure hope u r feeling better... cold outside and feeling crummy... not good...

looks like Im late in this post, but better late then never...lol..

I hope to do some quilting tonight.. an xmas item.. have a couple of xmas items I should finish ,but well see .. After christmas I get 11 days off in a row...wooo hooo... I sure hope it warms us....

happy quilting veryone

Kelley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 7:17 PM | Locked

Kelley,

After being happy for you, I am officially jealous. I do get to work at home tomorrow though, so that won't be too bad.

Diane,

Glad you are feeling somewhat better. Hope the fever breaks and you continue to keep feeling better.

Pat,

You are catching up quick and your blocks look great. Your pattern is on the way. Sorry I didn't get to put more of a note in it. As usual, I was racing to catch the mailwoman.

The beauty of rural America. My mailwomans name is Eleanor. She's so sweet. I'll have to be sure to gift her good this year as she has had to make the trip up the drive several times this year not only for me, but my son's having his packages delivered here as well, instead of his apartment.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 7:18 PM | Locked

PS, Isn't this great starting over on this forum. The posts just fly on now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 7:30 PM | Locked

diane, it's good to hear you up and about.  take it easy, ok.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 7:52 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

CC~Our virgin poster. Congrats on being the virgin.

3 kids and you think I'm a virgin?? No dear. I'm afraid not.      ....              But the thread was, until I got here!!     BWahahahahh

Glad you're feeling a bit better Diane. I hope you continue to make improvement.

I finially figured out a way to get gifts wrapped without Jr helping (and then blabbing what I put in them). I wrapped 'em up while he was splashing in the tub. Why didn't I think of that before??

I have a serious need for Chocolate. It's probably a good thing that the only chocolate thing in the house right now is the Reindeer Poop (chocolate-covered raisons)  reserved for the stockings or my behind would be getting bigger as I type. Maybe I'll fallow Kris' lead and have cocoa...

Speaking of which, Kris you need to have some too. And then get some sleep. We Can't have you under the weather again!

Everybody stay warm and drive careful!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 8:55 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for your concern and best wishes for me. This so goes against my grain to not be doing what I should be doing. But DH turns me around and puts me back in bed and I can't help it if I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. All seriousness aside, I know when to give in and let the body do what it wants to do. Bed?  Yup, heading there soon.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:03 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
But DH turns me around and puts me back in bed

Give Wayne a hug for us for keeping you steered in the right direction. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 11:54 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
Kris~Headache and blood shot eyes? Now what is that from?

Just a migraine Diane. It will get worse before it gets better. I'm used to it. The flip flop in the weather doesn't help. 

Diane Morgan:
I felt a little better today, Didn't get up til 11 am. I still have a fever that comes and goes. I painted one mailbox and I'll finish it tomorrow. Took a nap from 4-5. I just conk out.  I'll beat this yet.

Glad you're wel enough to do some work and equally glad Wayne is keeping you in check. Take care of yourself. Don't forget we'll be seeing each other real soon. Looking forward to it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 4:59 AM | Locked

Diane, Kris and everyone I guess, take it easy get well and stay well. 

Diane our holidays are over, Hannukka came early early this year.  I have just been busy with family, had all the kids home but at different times so as one left the next came and then I went to Toronto to visit my dad and will be back this weekend.  He is doing amazing, he turns 82 on the 22nd and he bought himself his first brand new car ever, a Cavalere I think he said so we are going in to ooh and aah.  He is quite unsure he should have spent the money but we told him to enjoy for a change. 

Hope you guys all have a Merry Christmas and a stress free holiday, it is a time to enjoy.  I am sure I will be posting more in the next couple of weeks, Friday is my last day of work till the new year so hopefully I will get lots of sewing done.  My goal is to get the rest of my SBS blocks finished and MQ3 quilted.

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 6:20 AM | Locked

to  quote:

Moommist~Where are you from?

Between Buffalo and Cleveland on Lake Erie... first time this week we've woke up to temps above the teens... not much snow but the plows have been going by since 4:30 am... I got up and although I thought I wouldn't work on the Ladies, I cut out the olives and leaves and actually got some appliquéd on! Now, I'm off to the shower then so much needed house cleaning. My little guy "grandson" age 6 is coming on Saturday to bake cookies so the cleaning has to been done before we do that.

Stay warm and healthy Ladies.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:43 AM | Locked

Diane ,glad you hear you are feeling better , but with still having a temp you need to be cautious. Listen to you hubby and get well..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:48 AM | Locked

CC, you are just one busy gal , I get worn out just reading about all the stuff you do .  Just kidden , you do seem to keep really busy though. DO you ever get to take any time to yourself??? I think i would go crazy if i didn't have my alone time. By the way ,how is the MIL doing we have not heard anything on her for awhile? Stay warm and safe ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:53 AM | Locked

Marlene , good to know you and your family had a good holiday, You said this was your Dad's first new car? Well bless his heart good for him. Hope you get to do lots of quilting in you rwork downtime and stay safe and warm...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:59 AM | Locked

MMM, I can't even imagine what you folks have been going thru . We keep see these scary pictures on the national news of all those trucks and families stranded on the interstates and it just must be very stressful . My DH and i were taking last night about how much better we have it here in Missouri then most of the country right now and we are very thankful. We have had some very cold weather but have not had to deal with more then a dusting of snow,so far. Try and stay safe and we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:19 AM | Locked

Stephanie:

Give Wayne a hug for us for keeping you steered in the right direction. 

It's a dirty job but SOMEONE has to do it or she'd be out there painitng in her fuzzy slippers and jamiies.  Seriously Diane, I am glad you are feeling somewhat better.  Obviously rest is what your body needs right now. 

Squirrels are already hanging upside down at the feeders, getting their morning sunflowers seeds.  The doves and cardinals hang out on the ground below for everything the squirrels push out of the feeders.  Others are going at the suet blocks and seed blocks that are hanging.  Breakfast time for all of our little feathered friends.  Too bad the bird bath is a miniature skating rink right now.  I'll have to do something about that a bit later.

It is supposed to get up to the low 30's here today.  WooHoo - heat wave!  I have my annual physical today.  Not expecting any surprises.  Then this afternoon, it is back to the sewing room to see what else I can turn out for Dave's grandaughters.  Didn't get the buttons sewn on the little PJs last night...... my eyes were starting to cross after getting up at 3 yesterday morning.  Finally crashed and burned about 10:30. 

Jaimie's concert last night was nice.  Had to sit through the 6th grade chorus and then the 7th / 8th grade chorus before the HS chorus got to do their thing.  All of the fuss over those floor length dresses and I will bet there were a dozen girls in "other" black outfits!  Director had made such a big stink about the girls not getting to sing if they didn't have a dress and the concert being their "final exam" so if you didn't sing, you flunked your final.  Tune suddenly changed yesterday.  Even Big David made it in time for the concert.  He was out on a tow when we left - Dave didn't go so I rode with Celeste and Jaimie, who had to be there early.  Good thing Dave opted not to go.  He doesn't do well with large crowds and lots of noise since his bout with GBS --- and this had BOTH in spades! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 2 of 256 (3830 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use