Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #2

Page 79 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,581 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 12:49 PM | Locked

Cindy - I love your Christmas tree wal hanging.  Now you are all ready for next Christmas and Jan. isn't even over yet.  I haven't got any UFO's that old --- but then I have only been quilting about 3 years. :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 12:50 PM | Locked

Jeanine - I like your bed runner.  I am sure he will be pleased and so will his wife. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 12:51 PM | Locked

Amber - what a nice bright and cheery bag.  Is it made from charms? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 12:57 PM | Locked

I like Gini's idea of the greens and purples.  I don't think shades of beige would do as much for your center motif.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 12:58 PM | Locked

Marie - get better quickly.  With all of the snow this week, you guys were right to postpone your Italian feast

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 3:34 PM | Locked

Ugh!  I just finished my first (and last) extra long double fleece throw that was sewn together and not "knotted" all the way around.  What a pain in the b___ !  Static electricity, HEAVY,  black fuzz everywhere and it is such a new project that I can't even pass it off as a UFO and get another of Patti's great blocks.  Had to kneel on the kitchen floor to get the layers lined up.  Discovered real quick that I can no longer kneel on a hard floor without a LOT of padding under my poor little knees.  Used the drawer insert in my pulled out drawer to help support all of the bulk and it worked great.  I can see where it will be a big help when I quilt. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 4:01 PM | Locked

Happy Saturday everyone,

I love the tree quilt and the star bag! Both very pretty.  I also agree that using green & purple for the log cabin will really offset that beautiful block. (I'm not just saying that because pruple & green are my two favorite colors.) It sounds like it's UFO week around here. I'm a working on a UFO right now and getting a little frustrated. I'm trying to work out the....MATH......to resize the cable quilting motif around the sashing. I'm finding it very challenging. Ugh!! Whoever decided that math & quiltng should go together didn't understand quilter's. If they'd only told me I'd need math for quilting maybe I'd have paid more attention.

Deb

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 4:19 PM | Locked

Marie,

I'm so sorry you've been sick.  Take your time with your recovery...you don't want a relapse.

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 4:52 PM | Locked

Nice bag Amber. Love the star pattern in it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 4:53 PM | Locked

Cindy:

All..Happy Saturday!

I finished this wall hanging this week.  A prior UFO, only 10 years on the waiting list.

Congrats on completing your UFO Cindy. It's very pretty.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 1,260
Ruth replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 5:04 PM | Locked

finished another top today , made from  blocks from an online group BOM.  

• Filed under: ,
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 9:25 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Amber - what a nice bright and cheery bag.  Is it made from charms? 

Yes it is made from charms.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220
Grandma Sal replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:14 PM | Locked

Debbie:
I'm trying to work out the....MATH......to resize the cable quilting motif around the sashing. I'm finding it very challenging. Ugh!!

I've been working on my Farmer's Wife Sampler since July and yesterday finished my 77th block.  There are 111 in the book, but I'm not going for the typical layout they show in the book.  I actually have more blocks done right now than I will need for the layout I am using.  I'm doing it in columns with setting triangles on each side of the on-point blocks.  I bought the fabric for the setting triangles and a border print to use for the sashing to separate the columns, but I had not considered that I would need to put a small border around each block to give it a more finished, refined kind of look.  I had to sit down and do the math this morning to determine what size to cut my setting triangles after I figured out the size I would cut the trim around the blocks.  Another issue was what color to use for these trim strips. 

I thought I had to go buy the fabric, but thanks to my stash, I found a good size piece of deep red  that I thought would be more than I would need.  I cut enough to do the blocks for one column and I really liked how it turned out.  The red looks great and makes the blocks stand out from the off-white seeded setting triangles, and the border print cut into 3" strips works really nice for the sashing between the columns.  I liked what I had done, so I proceeded to cut all the 1 1/2" strips from the red.  I started getting scared that I would not have enough.  I think I have less than 1 1/2" left... but I made it.   Now I have to put the rest together.

I won't wait until I have the whole quilt done... who knows how long that could take, but I will post a picture after I get a couple more columns done so it gives a better image of what I'm talking about here.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:31 PM | Locked

Grandma Sal:

Debbie:
I'm trying to work out the....MATH......to resize the cable quilting motif around the sashing. I'm finding it very challenging. Ugh!!

I've been working on my Farmer's Wife Sampler since July and yesterday finished my 77th block.  There are 111 in the book, but I'm not going for the typical layout they show in the book.  I actually have more blocks done right now than I will need for the layout I am using.  I'm doing it in columns with setting triangles on each side of the on-point blocks.  I bought the fabric for the setting triangles and a border print to use for the sashing to separate the columns, but I had not considered that I would need to put a small border around each block to give it a more finished, refined kind of look.  I had to sit down and do the math this morning to determine what size to cut my setting triangles after I figured out the size I would cut the trim around the blocks.  Another issue was what color to use for these trim strips. 

I thought I had to go buy the fabric, but thanks to my stash, I found a good size piece of deep red  that I thought would be more than I would need.  I cut enough to do the blocks for one column and I really liked how it turned out.  The red looks great and makes the blocks stand out from the off-white seeded setting triangles, and the border print cut into 3" strips works really nice for the sashing between the columns.  I liked what I had done, so I proceeded to cut all the 1 1/2" strips from the red.  I started getting scared that I would not have enough.  I think I have less than 1 1/2" left... but I made it.   Now I have to put the rest together.

I won't wait until I have the whole quilt done... who knows how long that could take, but I will post a picture after I get a couple more columns done so it gives a better image of what I'm talking about here.

Wow! What you're doing sounds amazing. I can't wait to see a picture of it, finished or not. I hope you post those photos soon.

I finally have the cable quilting motif nearly done.  Having to draw the intersections and have it match up was challenging. It's the first time I've tried something like this. I'm pretty pleased with it.

Deb

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:39 PM | Locked

Granny M

I see Momma Dog is on the same supper time schedule as Ms Cricket- who wants hers at 4:30 pm and keeps inching that up due to her vet diet dog food- restriction. Low calorie -- she doesn't think it is too fun.

Hoping you get some relief from that cold.  Golden girls mtg sounds fun.

Had lunch w/ my "other mom" today and got the rest of the fabric for her GD baby quilt. That baby better be a girl, cause this quilt is all girl and PInk, pink, and lavender and pink and floral and all girly.

Take care and stay warm-

Page 79 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use