Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #2

Page 73 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,581 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,812
Points 365,772
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 10 2011 9:22 PM | Locked

I like your scrap quilts Jeanine.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 10 2011 9:23 PM | Locked

Jeanine

Pretty quilts.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 10 2011 9:25 PM | Locked

Gee folks it sounds like we all have cases of the after holidays doldrums.  I have only managed to sew a block or two and then I go back to the couch to lay down.  Bah Humbug....this has got to pass soon....I would rather be sewing....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:41 AM | Locked

Jeanine, love your quilts.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:44 AM | Locked

I do this alot, sometimes I will go for months without sewing. But I did sew last night I am working on the borders of my MQ3.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:16 AM | Locked

It does seem like a lot of doldrums going on. Ya'll need some sunshine! Those gray cold winter days are bound to have an effect sooner or later. It will be spring soon and all the flowers will be peeking out from under the snow covered blankets and the roses will start sending out shoots and new buds and the beautiful trees will releaf. It won't be long, hang in there.

I have been working on a few projects. I spent all day Sunday satin stitching around the corner designs on Nana's beautifully designed MQ3. If I design an applique n again I'll have to make a note to do it simpler, at least until I have a little more experience with tapering and satin stitching. I have one corner left and then I can sandwich and quilt it. I also have been working on making more blocks for the bag quilt. Want it to finish king size. Made several more "bird" 10 minute blocks and FWS blocks. So, yes I think I am in the mode. I saw a really pretty heart quilt on the cover of a mag. It involoves paper piecing which I haven't done any of yet, so I've put it on my project list. I also did a block on solid linen free motion quilting using an intricate stencil. Talk about diving into something. Whew! These are Great skillbuilders.

I wish all of you a day filled with inspiration, happiness and good health.      

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 1,260
Ruth replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:19 AM | Locked

Jeanine , I love your quilts. Scrappy quilts are my favorite, because they remind me of the quilts my Mom used to make . 

I didn't get much done yesterday . about the time I got started, my husband ask me if I had spilled water in the kitchen floor.

NO, & if I had I would have cleaned it up!!  Of course we had a water leak under the dish washer , & by the time we pulled everything out ,repaired the leak, & cleaned up the mess the day was shot.

One more cup of coffee & I am going to get some sewing done today. I am going to quilt a QOV.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,228
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:36 AM | Locked

Jeanine, very nice and colorful.  Sure to cheer up someones day.  You keep on pumping them out and donating!  God Bless you!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 10:05 AM | Locked

Jeanine

Love the scrappy quilt.  I am working on one that uses my really small scraps, have about 16 blocks done now. I would post a picture, but have been quilting instead of getting my christmas pictures off the camera, just don't feel like fooling with it. 

Our water went off yesterday, break in the line.  I had my matterss pad in the washer and could not rinse the soap out until water came back on about 9 PM.  I know the guys worked all day in the cold and wet, but they did not flush the line, sooo when I rinsed the laundry I had muddy water and ruined  mattress pad.  I think some of you heard me ranting without benefit of phone.  At least in the three closest states. 

Today the snow started about 7:30 AM and is still coming down strong.  I will be staying in the sewing room after I get the housework done.

Everyone have a good day

Granny M

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 10:17 AM | Locked

I don't text either...just basic senior phone.  Left my #, I thought.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:05 PM | Locked

I'm having a hard time getting to the sewing machine, too. I have things all set and ready to sew but by the time I get to sew, I'm already tired from the day. Ah, I'll do it tomorrow.  But then tomorrow comes and goes and I just didn't feel like it. Got to get motivated. I'm too busy looking at things I want to make!                                      

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:06 PM | Locked

Jeanine~

Love your scrappy quilts! You are amazing.

North of Boston MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:00 PM | Locked

Well, I'm off to quilting. Hope to have something to show you all by the end of the week.

Looks to be a very productive night.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 5:45 PM | Locked

Hello All,

I have been trying to get my UFOs done....Its been a more than year long process.  I finished a wall hanging that has been in the pending pile for ... oh 10 years or more.  It really felt good to get it finished.  I'll post a picture in the next couple of days.  I have been working on a quilt for my grandson.  When one of your Grandkids requests a quilt you make it and make it quick.  I think he's going to like it.  I tried to make it acceptable for a teen.  Anyway that's what I've been working on.

Have a Great Evening

Cindy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 1,260
Ruth replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 5:54 PM | Locked

Finished piecing a Friendship quilt top today that we started in our quilt group last July. That makes 3 ready to quilt. 

Page 73 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use