Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #2

Page 71 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,581 Replies | 42 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 1,260
Ruth replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 12:12 PM | Locked

My Granddaughters have been using a machine from about 4-5 . the younger one played with my toy sewing machine at a real young age untill she figured out "my material don't stick together like Eve's does " Then I had to let her use a real machine too. She is 6 now. I have 3 grand daughters & 3 featherweights .I have told them when they can sew without me helping so much they can take  a machine  home with them. Thier Moms don't sew.  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 1:14 PM | Locked

Ruth:
have 3 grand daughters & 3 featherweights .I have told them when they can sew without me helping so much they can take  a machine  home with them.

That's awesome Ruth.

I learned on my grandmother's treadle machine. She used to let me sit in her lap so I could guide the fabric while she worked the treadle. We sewed like this until I was tall enough to reach.

Love the hat you made. Your GD is a good model. Very cute.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 2:41 PM | Locked

Granny M

I am near Phoenix so the flooding is quite far from us. We have just had some really cold weather with freezing at night. 

Yes, that's sounds about right for these kids--they think they "know" everything!  Goodness you have so much experience to offer her!.  Geez. I would be calling you night and day, and calling, mama!  And telling the doctor, we need to get my Mom involved in all this, this is too scarey for me. I want my mom. --talk to my mom!  She Has experience in all this, not me. I tell you our kids will drive us nuts if we let theml! She will come around, it will take time.

Now I am working on a heart  wall hanging that uses some strips for the heart that I can send you via friend --  you can also make a quilt==  Its really pretty I think you would like it.  I will friend it to you. It will be easier than tracing I think and can use your scraps.

Ok I am off this older computer to the laptop to go do that for you.

Go check your friend mail.

Take care my friend and Hang in there!

Hugs!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 3:15 PM | Locked

I an awed by these people that find great things at yard sales and estate sales.  My DIL is always finding neat things at thrift stores too.  How come I never find any of this neat stuff? :o( 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 3:17 PM | Locked

Love your little model Ruth for your chemo hat.  Our ladies group (Tabitha) at church usually knits or crochets chemo hats.  This is a very nice alternative. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 3:44 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

I an awed by these people that find great things at yard sales and estate sales.  My DIL is always finding neat things at thrift stores too.  How come I never find any of this neat stuff? :o( 

I know why I don't. I don't go!  lol If things settle down here, maybe DH and I can take time off and do things like this once in a while. I've never been to an estate sale but they must have them around here. I'll have to start watching the paper. Like I need to be spending more money and bringing in more stuff into this overstuffed house. It just never ends.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 3:47 PM | Locked

Gini

Your 'bauble' is beautiful.  It looks like chrome diopside....beautiful stones.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,607
Points 178,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 3:48 PM | Locked

Marge could it be the same reason that I don't?  I get up too late and all the good stuff is gone!!!!!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:15 PM | Locked

Cool ring Gini.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:15 PM | Locked

Rhonda, I like your bag.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:26 PM | Locked

mars92:
We have just had some really cold weather with freezing at night. 
    Freezing---not to long ago you were inviting all of us to come to your house to get warm!!!   I just have a mental image of you sitting in front of your sewing machine, bundled in a quilt, trying to do that scrappy heart.  Glad the flooding was not nearby

My daughter used to call me for every little thing-and when the boys were little I was the medical resource, I think she is in denial, and I am working on that.  Since I had Uterine Cancer when I was in my 20's, I know how hard it is to talk to anyone at first.  I am working on her, I do have a "back door" I can use if this drags on to long, for now I just bite my nails and be supportive.   I suppose I could just send her to her room for being "bad" .  Wait that won't work she doesn't live with me and is in her 40's, guess that rules out turning accross my knee as well.   KIDs, the things no one tells you until you have them.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:28 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
How come I never find any of this neat stuff? :o( 

I am with you Marge.   I know people that are always finding great stuff, me never.  Even when I go looking I just never run onto the good stuff.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,464
gini replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:39 PM | Locked

fre

Granny M:
We have just had some really cold weather with freezing at night

freezing is 10 degrees with a 30 mph wind while skiing 30mph.  that's freezing.  it was a bluebird day, but cold.   the good thing, when your muscles are mad at you for all the exercise, you get to ice them on the 12 minute chair ride up the hill.  i had boot heaters, glove heaters, two sets of longjohns, my heavy balaclava, and a lined helmet.    brrr. i'm still not warm    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:52 PM | Locked

gini:
  brrr. i'm still not warm
   Gini,  get some hot chocolate in you.   Our temp was - .8 this AM and the high was 19.  I am a northern gal, but still don't like the cold and snow.  I tried to ski once, I hit the only tree for miles and miles, beginner slop and knocked myself out. Never tried again. Use to ice skate though don't get much chance here in KY         Mars is the one freezing-she is in AZ.  she is not use to low temps

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 9:09 PM | Locked

Granny M, where are you from? 

I think we had you beat.  -18 here this morning, but it was a balmy +5 degrees by noon, so we still got the dog out for a brisk winter walk.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 71 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use