rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,487
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 3 2010 10:58 PM

Adele,

I'm glad you're here and I'm glad you're getting help and trying to do right for your children. I wasn't part of the halloween swap but I rad the messages and was quite disheartened by it all. Sorry you got such negative feedback on your facebook page. 

Put that all behind you and move on with us. Keep us up to date when you can even if it's just to say "I'm alive". 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Dec 3 2010 11:07 PM

Welcome back, Adele!  I missed you and worried about you.  Glad to hear you've found a place for you and your children.  Best of luck in your new setting.  I hope we'll hear from you often.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 3 2010 11:07 PM

Welcome back Adele, I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I wasn't in on the Halloween swap either and am clueless about all of that, but I want you to know that you have been in my prayers....and I have missed your posts. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Sat, Dec 4 2010 12:21 PM

Adele,

I wanted to share this with you.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right.

Forget about the ones who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason… If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Friends are like balloons, once you let them go, you can’t get them back. So I’m   gonna  tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

Welcome back Adele. Just remember that you don't really know what the people in your swap were going through so perhaps there was a reason they were so upset. Hopefully you all can put it behind you and just concentrate on quilting.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 4 2010 8:53 PM

Welcome back Adele.  I have been praying for you and your family.  I know it has been a very difficult time.  I know you had very good intentions for the swap but it fell apart when your life fell apart.  I don't want to discount or minimize the disappointment of some of those involved it the swap, which apparently you have already read about, and I certainly understand why they were so upset.

However, I can praise God, that I have a Savior who loves me, even when I mess up.  He loves me, in spite of myself!  

My only caution is to take a break from trying to lead anything, particularly anything that could involve a monetary loss for others if things go wrong.  And when the time comes to lead anything, do it first with a partner. 

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor, for if they fall, one will lift up his companion: but woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up."  Your life is so full of responsibilities right now, it would be too easy to spread yourself too thin, and not be able to accomplish all you want. 

Welcome back Adele, I have missed you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660

Adele--I am sorry to hear that some people on QCA have been less than understanding and even made hurtful comments about your situation. I hope you can move on from that and do what you need to do with getting your life in order and don't let them sway you from being here. You are always welcome here!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 2,260
Libby replied on Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:49 PM

Hi Adele,  welcome back. Hope things are going better. I too, was very disheartened about many of the posts. I stopped reading many areas and even joined another forum. I now read very little and post even fewer. Time heals all wounds, eventually all will balance out, keep your chin high, forgive and forget.  Hope you return and have fun! Libby

Libby

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 8:38 AM

thank you all for your kind words and the welcome backs.... i like Libby am just going to hang back and i might join a different forum at some point, i love it here and hope it will "home" again at some point.  

thanks again to all have encouraged me though this upside down time in my life.

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 8:38 AM

thank you all for your kind words and the welcome backs.... i like Libby am just going to hang back and i might join a different forum at some point, i love it here and hope it will "home" again at some point.  

thanks again to all have encouraged me though this upside down time in my life.

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,979
gini replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:39 AM

adele, i'm sorry you were given such a hard time.  if you feel you cannot join us regularly,  i hope you will check in  now and then and keep us informed on how you are doing .   best wishes to you  and your children, adele, and i hope you have good holiday with your children and family, and  i wish for you a better and happier new year    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 3:24 PM

Adele, I don't think you need to leave us.  The angry voices were definitely the minority.  You're more than welcome to join in on our conversations again!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Adele~

I hope you will stay with us. You have plenty of friends here who care about you and your family. You'll find that most of us here have suffered heart break in our lifetime. They will be the ones who reach out to you and others when life gets so hard. These are women with hearts of gold. Please feel welcome again.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Adele - just take care of yourself and your two beautiful children.  You are right in saying that they are the most important things in your life.  I wish you all the best through this difficult time in your life.  They say time heals all wounds but I'm afraid some things leave a big "scar" on our lives.  Fortunately kids are more resilient than we are.  Things happen for a reason and I pray the reason you are going through this is to make you a stronger person.  Take care of yourself and your kids and everything else will work itself out. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

Dear Adele,

It's so good to see you back! I admire you for your courage in getting involved on QCA...don't let any setbacks keep you away. And feel free to holler if you need a helping hand with any group projects. That's what I am here for!

Best wishes,

QCA Liz S.

Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use