Page 1 of 4 (54 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 53 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana Posted: Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:22 PM

Scrap Happy's have been a little silent lately with all the other projects going on.  I hope to get a new project in the works sometime after the first of the year.  I would like to have input from all the scrap quilt lovers as to what type of project you would like to do.  We could do something using the Lumberyard system or another from Quiltville or anything else that anyone has a desire to do.  Please give some suggestions and I will work on getting something going.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,465

Nana, using something using the Lumberyard system sounds like a good idea. I have been very lax about cutting my leftover scraps so that might be the incentive I need to get in the habit. In the end, after I got over the stress lol, I loved the Bag Quilt and am even keeping it for me! So another Bag type quilt would be fun as well. I am trying to get caught up with some UFOs so I can be ready for the new projects that are coming. My name is Pat, I have the quilter's disease, ROFLOL!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,332
Points 255,409
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 10:34 AM

Nana, I'm still working on the boxy stars quilt ,will that do ? I really only have about 10 of them done.stopped to work on the MQ3 ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:15 AM

Barbara

You finish your Boxy Stars and have fun doing it.  If you are ready for another project by the time I get this one going you can join us on it as well.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:40 AM

I would love to join a scappy quilt group...I've been looking around for a way to use up some of my stash.

Cindy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,332
Points 255,409
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:12 PM

Nana, sounds like a plan ,Thanks  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 216
Points 2,055
Pat replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:27 PM

I am with you, finally finished my boxy stars.  Had to it is a gift for one my daughters for Christmas.  Decided this year all 3 were going to get quilts for Christmas,  what a stressful decision that was.  Putting the border on the last one this evening so I can send it out to a long arm quilter.  Will show pictures when I get it back.

Pat

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Can I sit on the fence a bit before I commit? I'd like to do the lumberyard, too b/c just like Pat with the quilting disease, I am not faithfully cutting scraps either. I've been throwing them in the basket under the cutting table.

Which leads me to sitting on the fence b/c I have so many nice UFO's that I want to finish but I want to do a scrappy, MQ#4, anything QAYG, The Farmer Sampler, Gini's blocks that she sent, Birthday Blocks, too. I've got two commissioned quilts to do. I think a hive just popped out of my head......I don't really get hives. :o}

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:08 PM

Nana,

I am going to be working on Bonnie Hunter's current mystery quilt "Roll Roll Cotton Boll". I think Carol is working on it as well. I'm in the fabric selection process.

Bonnie also has a new quilt up called "Christmas Lights" it's really pretty. Great way to use scraps with a controlled component. Click here to see it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 612
Points 12,830

Diane,

We really must meet.  I'm always telling people that I'm getting a rash over things that bug me.  Hives/rash same thing. 

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 6:39 PM

Kris

The Roll Roll Cotton Boll is a mystery quilt isn't it.   Could we use the steps in the group and do the project as a group project?.....  Maybe.....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 6:52 PM

Nana:

Kris

The Roll Roll Cotton Boll is a mystery quilt isn't it.   Could we use the steps in the group and do the project as a group project?.....  Maybe.....

Nana, that would be a great idea - it will use up stash, and she always has good directions, I think (I may be just a little prejudiced, I really like her stuff!~) I have already started on this one, it sure looks like fun to me.  Also, Kris, I did the Christmas Lights when it apeared in the Quiltmaker magazine,  and so did my friend - they both turned out great, it's a pattern I also recommend.  But like I said, Is there any quilt we don't like?  Also, the lumberyard system is a good one, too, any thing we do with scraps, I like!!  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 6:59 PM

Carol

The first scrappy project we did in Scrap Happys was Boxy Stars from Quiltville.  I love her stuff too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:25 PM

Nana:

The first scrappy project we did in Scrap Happys was Boxy Stars from Quiltville.  I love her stuff too.

Yes, I know, I made two of them, and they are now quilted, waiting for bindings!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:29 PM

I'm seriously considering doing Christmas Lights this spring after I finish a few projects.  It would be a good one too.

Cindy

Page 1 of 4 (54 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.