Top 10 Posters

Suggestions for QCA Poll and Survey Questions?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 64 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) posted on Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for good suggestions for our members newsetter survey question and our monthly online poll.

If you have any questions that you would like me to ask the community (humorous/serious/just curious or otherwise...) let me know.

PLEASE NOTE: I am only asking for suggestions for survey questions here. To participate in the survey contests please visit the QCA Community Blog and post your answers there.

Thanks a bunch!

QCA Liz S.

• | Post Points: 275

All Replies

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20
Suggested by poohs47

The rise in the price of cotton will affect some of my quilting.  I'll shope sales and also become creative and getting new materials.  Looks like it might be time to get back to the original ways of quilting..using scraps and going through closets for your cotton material.  For now, I'm buying what materials I see and like.  Planning projects with needed yardarge is priority now. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,270 Posts
Points 35,195

The rise in cotton prices will affect my buying, not my quilting.  I will use my stash, go through the closets (eventually) and hound my non-quilting friends for thier old clothes.  I am hoping it won't come to this but if it does I will find a way to quilt on. 

Granny M

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
182 Posts
Points 2,685

I will be asking my friends to recycle their clothes to me . I have already asked one friend and got a yes... I will also be looking into my own closet. That and my stash will last a long , long time. In turn it  will be rewarding to see those who receive them...  Betty

Top 500 Contributor
182 Posts
Points 2,685

I am a compulsive quilter. for family, friends, baby showers, secret sisters , and just because I can...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,484 Posts
Points 43,625

Nana, you are so right.  I asumed that one friend would like my opinion when she asked for it and I hurt her feelings.  All she said was, well, If I didn't want to know, I shouldn't ask.  and since then, I try to praise twice before giving any critique.  Most of the time, I skip the critique. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
441 Posts
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 6:05 PM

My DH has already donated some of his work shirts that are striped and other designs. I am also going to ask for plain white shirts and learn about dyeing fabrics. I have reciently taken an interest in drawing and painting on fabric. A friend just told me about coloring books for adults. WOW! Another creative outlet. I intend to use some of those coloring book ideas and transfer the designs to different types fabric.  

Toledo, OH

Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 25
Marge replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 8:33 PM

Well my husband's hobby is working with wood and the increase in lumber prices has not detered him from doing what he wants so I see NO reason it will detere me from buying quilting fabric.  However, I had decided to try and use my stash and just suplement it instead of buying all new stuff.  After all I have some beautiful fabric that is just begging to get out ot drawers and shelves and onto beds, tablerunners etc.

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 30
Lynne replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 12:42 AM

If cotton prices go up I am going to get into some REALLY SERIOUS FUSSY CUTTING!  Might start cruisin' thru Goodwill for cotton shirts/dresses that I can get some good pieces out of.  Maybe invest in the cotton gin in Arizona where I get my cotton seeds for the novelty pin cushions I sell.  And I'll dig around in the back of the closet in my workroom to see what UFOs I have waiting to be finished or even combined somehow with another UFO.  This could get really interesting as far as creativity goes.  I see this as a challenge, but if they ever raise the price of coffee again I'm going to really get upset!  I DO HAVE MY LIMITS!

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10
amrob49 replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 12:48 AM

Hi Liz,

I have already felt the pinch in my pocketbook, just being on Social Security.  I decided to become creative and discovered some groups on Yahoo that proven to be very productive and are practically free. In order to subsudize my addiction, quilt making for charity, all I have to do is part with a pile of  tenderly used paperbacks, any household items or unused clothing. The group uses their hugh network of people and they find lots of free fabric remnants which I in turn turn into quilts. The quilts I make are donated to local police and fire departments, which they give away to children and teens who are facing extremely difficult family situations or losses.

Yahoo has many such groups that are full of people helping people. The name of the group I found was Arizonans Helping Arizonas and they are a special group of people that just care about people and want to help each other out.

I hope this helps someone else.

Thank You,

Andrea

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

QCA Liz S.:

Hi everyone,

I am looking for good suggestions for our members newsetter survey question and our monthly online poll.

If you have any questions that you would like me to ask the community (humorous/serious/just curious or otherwise...) let me know. We'll be sure to share the answers online.

Thanks a bunch!

QCA Liz S.

I will work more scrappy things from my stash, only add fabric when I have to  and return to the days when I didn't have money... Then I went to the thrift store and bought large sized ladies cotton dresses to use for fabric.  I can't imagine my giving up any of my sewing time now that my children are grown and I actually have time to enjoy my hobby....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,674 Posts
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 8:46 AM

Hi Liz,

I'll beach (spelling) and moan like everyone else but will continue to buy my precious cotton no matter the price after all I'm a quilter and proud of it!!!!

Marie

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,674 Posts
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 9:43 AM

QCA Liz S.:
Thanks a bunch

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi Liz,

I have a suggestion for survey this month.  I have just had suregery on my left arm and hand and as soon as that is well, the other hand and elbow will be operated on.  I bought an Accuquilt Go last year to help me with my cutting and to my surprise the LQS owner informed me that using such technology is cheating.  What do you consider cheating?  Using needles, rullers, rotary cutters...aren't they all cheating?  Definition please!

Judylee

Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 35

Hi Liz,

If prices for fabric go up, I may be forced to sell me husbands fly fhishing and hunting gear to buy my fabric...You don't think he will mind do you? Ha!

Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 35

I meant to say fishing...not fhishing!  Oops!

Page 4 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use