Top 10 Posters

Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

Page 13 of 20 (293 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 292 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Pat Lancaster:

First you get a big hammer and then . . . roflol!

Hit Sam over the head,set up an automatic pooper scooper, bring in the cutest little kitty you can find, wake up Sam now and Voila....a new fur baby in the family. The automatic pooper scooper can go anywhere....got a laundry room or a nook or a cranny somewhere? Wouldn't the GK's just love a widdle *** cat?

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Jacy:
I think this is a perfect quilt to use some of my abundant scraps in, mine won't be as dark as the book

Welcome Jacy,

I can see that you have your hands full and would need something to keep you sane.  I work on blocks sporadically to fill in when I don't feel like working on another project... and I'm doing mine mostly with scraps.  I have bought a few fat quarters here and there.  I am way into my FWS, so I won't be officially working along with the group here, but I will try to keep up with the posts to see if there is anything I can help with.

I just posted some new pictures on my blog of my FWS progress.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:52 PM

Diane Morgan:
The automatic pooper scooper can go anywhere....got a laundry room or a nook or a cranny somewhere? Wouldn't the GK's just love a widdle *** cat?

i live in a small condo, i don't have a nook or crannie to spare.   i can just barely fit into my laundry room to do laundry.   i couldn't close the door to one of the bathrooms with a litter box and the other doesn't have room on the tile.  very poor planning on my part.   i like the grands cuddling me when they're here and they have plenty of their own animals.   the hammer might work, but sam has a real hard head,   or was the hammer for the wall?    putting a hole in the wall involves finding a new home for my motorcycle, which is a hairloom from grampa.  i'm waiting for the nephews to grow up and move it back to the farm  ( they are in their late twenties,  and i think i am in for a much longer wait),so they don't trash it.   you can see the problems i have,  poor poor planning.  i have a stuffed kitty by the fireplace,   he stares at me a lot which is kinda spooky.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:36 PM

Grandma Sal ,I love your blog ,you are so orgainized . it was a joy to read it ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:10 PM

Grandma Sal:

I just posted some new pictures on my blog of my FWS progress.

I really enjoyed your blog, Grandma Sal.  You mentioned getting on a bus with lots of other quilters and going to the Houston Quilt Show - gosh, I miss that!  I went to the very first one, and several others when I lived there.  Did you by any chance go with quilters from GSAQG?  That is MY quilt guild - I'm a lifetime member.  Just brought back lots of memories with your blog, thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 11:49 PM

grandma sal   great blog, thanks for directing us to it   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Carol:
Did you by any chance go with quilters from GSAQG? 

I went with a group from a quilt shop out of San Antonio.  My specific group of 6 ladies was from our quilt group at church.  It was our first time to do it that way, and it was a good experience, so I am sure we will do it again next year.

Where do you live now?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,378

Grandma Sal,

Really enjoyed your blog and seeing your FWS blocks. It's going to be a beautiful quilt.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,378

I worked on cutting a few more blocks out. I have to say, I am rather enjoing the templates. If it's an odd shape, I have just cut them out and used a little temporary spray adhesive on the back and stick it down on my fabric. Then i'll take the rotary cutter and follow the lines of the template. Most of the templates don't have to be cut out though, as you can just measure and cut them, or use the easy angler ruler to do the triangles. I'm anxious to get to sewing them, but I have to keep myself reined in until we officially start. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 9 2010 9:46 PM

Went to my LQS today and took DH in so he can get a feel for my love of quilting. he got to meet all the gals and of course they all smothered him with attention  lol..but the great thing was  they gave me about 10 yards of awesome scraps for my  FWQ that we are gonna be doing ,some really wonderful fabric, and then told me to come back in a couple of days for more . I just love my LQS  they are the best ....Can hardely wait for my  book to get here so I can start  planning ..Which is in I just have to go pick it up...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:04 PM

Gramdma Sal - I live in NW Arkansas now, have been here since 1992 - quiet place to retire, on our mountain top.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:38 PM

Ladies

I just opened the group for FWS with the first set of block assignments.  You can find the list of blocks in the pages section under Session 1.  Under discussion you will find threads for each block as well as a getting started thread.  Any questions specific to a block ask in that thread any general guestions can be placed in the general discussion thread.  Have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:40 PM

Nana, thanks for the heads up  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:06 PM

And we're off! Thanks for doing this Nana.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 10 2010 5:57 AM

Hey I thought it was going to be   after the new year,     have been hoodwinked  Don't have the book yet. Oh you girls are  in big trouble  lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Page 13 of 20 (293 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use