Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220
Grandma Sal Posted: Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:16 PM

I first logged in here two days ago.  Yesterday I watched a couple videos.  Today I had a little more time to explore.  I figured out how to change my profile picture, and I posted a reply to someone's post.  I have looked through a couple of the blog posts, but I do not see any way to create a blog post.  I have seen posts where people have created a personal signature... and I have seen posts with a tally of "Points".  How can I make a signature, and how do you accumulate points?

This looks like a really great place and I'm excited to find out all there is to learn here.

Hi to all the talented quilters here... Sallie in South Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:27 PM

Grandma Sal

Go here to find info on how to do your signature.  Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard1_1.php
and follow the signature wizard instructions.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:39 PM

Grandma Sal,

Welcome to QCA-- you will love it here-  I am fairly new myself and didn't know what points meant either so I did a search on "points" and QCA had an explanation of them.  Do you see the "SEARCH" BOX  use that and just type in points and it will give you a page you can scroll down to an explanation of them.  Everyone is very helpful and kind!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:14 PM

Welcome Sallie!  It's good to hear you're finding your way around.  I think I read that the blogs are going away in favor of the galleries.   Did others of you see that, too, or am I mistaken?

Cute profile pic!  What's your kitty's name?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:07 PM

Nancy

I think it was just the Show and Tell blog that was being replace with the gallery.  The other blogs I think will remain in place.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

I pretty much figured out if I don't see what I'm looking for, I need to do a search.  I don't know what is happening with the blog thing, but on my search on creating a blog I found out that I already had one based on the blog reference I added to my profile.  I have had a blog for a long time, so it looks like it isn't directly a part of this site, but rather a link to wherever a blog happens to be published.

I have a few kitties... the one in the profile is named Boston.  It was supposed to be referring to Boston Blackie an old time movie character... then we found out that Boston was a she... but we kept Boston's name anyhow.  We had a momma kitty decide to have her kittens in our garage 3 1/2 years ago.  Up till then we only had a dog.  The momma took off but we decided to keep all the kitties. 

Sallie in TX

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:25 PM

Sallie

Love your signature!! It looks great!  You can redo my sig anytime!   And your kittys name' Boston, what a cool name! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:49 PM

Grandma Sal

I see you got your signature taken care of.   Great sig....love it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,864
gini replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 1:09 AM

hello sallie and welcome to our fun crew    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:41 AM

Grandma Sal:
I have looked through a couple of the blog posts, but I do not see any way to create a blog post.

Grandma Sal,

I welcomed you on another thread but I'll say hello and welcome again. It's good to have yo with us and nice to see you're getting the hang of navigating the site.

we all have blogs here on QCA (created with membership). Starting from your home page click on "My Blog". On the right side of the page close to the top there are shortcuts "Home", "Contact", "Write a new post", and "Control Panel". The Control Panel is where you configure your blog.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:51 AM

Hi Sallie, glad your starting to find your way around.

[Ava, Missouri

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use