This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 115
sUSAn Posted: Fri, Nov 19 2010 12:40 PM

Hi,

I am new to the site.

It's great to see all the creativity.  I like piecing best.  Don't have much stash - just coming back to quilting from a very long hiatus.

Have a lovely weekend all.

Sus

too many crafts - too little time

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 12:51 PM

Susan

Welcome to QCA.  Hope you enjoy the site and chat with us frequently.  We love seeing pics of projects and talking to new people.....as well as old people....LOL>   Hope you will tell us more about yourself.  We are going to have to work on that stash situation.   Nobody should be without an overwhelming stash.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 1:10 PM

Susan ,welcome to the club, I to am just starting my stash, I built it up pretty good but not as well as alot of gals here have , We are a bunch of chatty floks and we love to drool over the work of others . Hope you enjoy..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 2:32 PM

welcome sus,   we will help you  work on your stash problem.    do you like machine piecing or hand piecing?        gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome to our growing family Sus.  There have been several California gals joining us lately.  We really must do something about your stash problem.  You need to be able to go into you sewing space and fondle your fabric for creativity's sake. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 7:09 PM

Welcome Sus

Don't worry about your stash it will grow.  I think it multiplies while we are sleeping.         

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 20 2010 3:21 AM

Welcome to the group and welcome back to quilting Sus. You'll find lots of inspiration here as well as lots of enablers who will help you grow that stash.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 20 2010 7:51 AM

Hi Sus, welcome to our Happy Place.

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 115
sUSAn replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 12:43 PM

oh my yes my stash is already growing like tribbles.

I found that the store "Tuesday Morning"  has stacks of  fat quarters, and stripz for about six dollars.  which will augment into quilts for each of my grand nieces fitting their personalities very neatly. One liking blues/greens, and the other liking pinks.  what a bargain.  I can see I may be getting into trouble sooner than expected.

And creating a very busy yet charming Broken Dishes quilt lends itself to lots of eclectic stash too.

I love machine piecing.  I would do hand piecing but, I reserve my lunch hours and being a passenger on long trips to small knitting projects.   I used to do appliqué work by hand on long trips but I dropped a needle on a trip and it was murder finding it in the car.  Ahhhh so many memories are coming back quickly.  I remember that I really liked the quilt-ability of pinked edges, pressed open - instead of straight cuts .

I recently moved (yet again) and still staring at a multitude of boxes in the garage.  I just know I've got many templates and tools to joyously pounce on once I find them.

It is a lovely day in So Cal.

Have a good one!

Suz

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:13 PM

sUSAn:

I recently moved (yet again) and still staring at a multitude of boxes in the garage.  I just know I've got many templates and tools to joyously pounce on once I find them.

it's like christmas when you find hidden treasures like that.   the quilt in your avatar is pretty neat, love the colors    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:37 PM

Sus

Welcome!  I am in Arizona so not too far from you.  You will love it here and find everyone very friendly and helpful.  You will find lots of ways to increase your stash also.  We also love to look at everyone's quilts and other items, "eye candy", !  It like our own quilt show. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use