rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Joyce Brenden:

Jaci--

Welcome to QCA.  It's great to have a second generation quilter in our midst.  Can't wait to hear the story your aunt Judi hinted at.

Well, I don't know if it's a great story or not, but it's certainly a story! BTW, Jaci is a 3rd-generation quilter; my mom quilted, I quilt, and now Jaci! Cool!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Kathy,

What fun. Have a great time with your daughter.  I used to love going one-on-one somewhere with one of my children, still do it just does not happen very often.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Judy Iliff:

Jaci Worth:

I will try to venture on up to visit my new nephew who was born Tuesday.

Jaci, I just re-read your message. How can you have a "new nephew"? You're an only child! LOL!

Sounds like Jaci has some splanin to do?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 1:44 PM

Or like me she could call her best friend's kids her nieces and nephews... My friend Lori's kids always called me Auntie Thea and we weren't blood related... So Jaci - I understand...lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Oh, I'll bet you're right, Althea! Sometimes I'm too literal for my own good! I figured out years ago that's the reason I never get a "dirty" joke. They make no sense to me! LOL!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 4:23 PM

i don't know but just thought that was plausible... and see without you here none of us would have known that she was an only child...lol

I used to not get those "dirty" jokes either and always had to have someone explain them to me - boy did my face get red a lot - now I just pretend to not hear the dirty jokes...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 4:28 PM

my head is still throbbing and the sewing machine noise actually bothered it -but i plowed my way through - I have the backing done for Nursery rhyme and it is all sandwiched... I did the final pressing of Reese's wall hanging and will go in a minute and get the Minkee fabric out of the box and lay it out on the table - I am hoping with it being 60" wide that I will be able to back both the wallhangings with it... I'll find out shortly - if not it will go on the back of Echo's and a different Minkee on Reese's....

I hate cutting Minkee so I will bring the vacuum in to pick up all those pieces - but for the moment going to sit back and watch some Monk... no thought programming...lol 

Back in a little whle...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 4:59 PM

Thea,

sorry about the headache but I'm glad you're able to plow through it. I've decided to make one of those wall hangings for my great nephew-in-law (I think that's what he is). On the hunt for fabric since nothing in my stash seems right. I want to use Christmas fabrics but I never purchased any.

Is Monk a tv show?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Kris:

On the hunt for fabric since nothing in my stash seems right. I want to use Christmas fabrics but I never purchased any.

That's going to make it really hard to make it out of Christmas fabric, Kris! ROFLOL - literally, well, not the rolling part (think view from behind on a bicycle), but the other part!

Gillette, WY

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 5:03 PM

This weekend will be busy getting all the last minute things done for guests.  DH's brother and SIL are coming for a week.  We'll be going down towards Chattanooga for a couple days in a log cabin.  Do some tourist things.  I'll take my SIL to Dollywood for a day.  I have a season's pass and a free guest pass.  I may go to Knoxville to JoAnn's with neighbor.  She's learning to quilt and needs help choosing colors.  I've been trying to teach her.  It's slow but she's catching on.

Oh, I also got that flannel quilt all tied and the binding is on.  Now to just hand sew the binding onto the back(If I can keep the cats off of it long enough).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 5:23 PM

Ooh Dollywood. Diana that sounds like fun. I'd love to see it some day. Have a great time.

Man, Judy it would be pretty difficult wouldn't it. LOL I really don't know how I'll ever get through this. Connecting threads has a great line called Let it Snow I think I'll use that. It's cute and cheap.

I must say I'm having a lot of fun on here tonight. Who knew so many quilters are secretly comedians.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 5:48 PM

Kris, I think it goes with the territory - we are all fun quilters...

I have the 3 quilts sandwiched and setting over there on hangers waiting to be quilted... I don't think I am going to quilt them tonight though - I may start sewing on Alpha buddies - it is setting waiting to be sewn into t top - then I have 2 other quilt projects waiting to be cut up into the pieces and put into their respective quilt boxes...

I have one that I picked up at the quilt show - it is for my step mother for her birthday - she loves birds and I saw this cute panel that has a cardinal on it - they had it made up into a simple quilt but I am thinking of using the fabric to put it into a quilt using the Bunny pattern - I think that would be really cute and simple to make.

I bought another quilt kit at the quilt show of snowmen... might get it ready too - not sure - what ever it is has to be in a slightly darkened room - althought he headache is better light is still bothering my eyes... i tried to go outside cuz the heat really helps me but the sunlight was too bright... maybe I could put a bag on my head... laughing...

okay I get it...you laughing at me too -

My kitty is doing better - getting up and moving around but he may still go to the vet tomorrow - when i get up in the morning if he isn't begging to eat - it will be a trip to the vet... I am hoping she will let me put the visit on account and allow me to make payments - I have always paid up front before even when she has said I could pay it on payments so I think she will - for now he is doing better and may not need to go at all... prayers...

I can not believe the heat this year - another day above 100 - today the wind is just roaring - could be where my headache came from - pushing though some pollen... I started the brethe machines and that is helping - plus Ilit a candle and the smell of the vanilla is comforting...

keep the fun coming...

Oh I will have to tell you about a funny story that Dollywood reminded me of - that will be later though... its about my nephew Will...

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 430

Here in the Asheville, NC area, $5 quilt club is tomorrow, then we are heading to the guild quilt show at the Arboretum, yeah! Definitely looking forward to tomorrow. I think we will be near 90' & humid, of course, thank goodness for air conditioning! There is also more of the quilt show, this year, at the Biltmore Mall, near there, so may check that out too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Judy Iliff:

Kris:

On the hunt for fabric since nothing in my stash seems right. I want to use Christmas fabrics but I never purchased any.

That's going to make it really hard to make it out of Christmas fabric, Kris! ROFLOL - literally, well, not the rolling part (think view from behind on a bicycle), but the other part!

You are bad Judy, truthful but bad.... LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Diana,

What a fun weekend.  It sounds so restful.  What do they have at Dollywood, I guess I sort of heard something about it awhile back.

Be sure and post pictures of your quilt....

Page 3 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use