Top 10 Posters

Quiltoholics

Page 51 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 912 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,610
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 3 2010 7:34 PM

Sharon as one quiltoholic to another...you must not let that fabric get the best of you.  My fabric will not defeat me.  It will be cut into small pieces so that I can sew it back into big pieces of my desire......

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

HELP  -- New Year Resolution!  I will not eat it, if I don't plate it, sit at the table and then eat it! 

But wait, the table is covered with fabric.  I'll just get a TV tray and set that up in the dining room.  Oops, four TV trays are holding various projects -- What now?  I know I'll stand at the bar, (because the stools have audition fabric for another project hanging on the backs.  I'm still weak from my stint in the hospital, don't think standing is the way to go --  Jeez -- Oh the dilemma -- Forget eating -- sew instead.  Clear that table of that fabric by sewing.  Yepper's that's the ticket!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:26 PM

patty you're way too funny, and you describe my kitchen dining room to a t.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 3,475
Tink922 replied on Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:35 PM

Hi, my name is Judy and I'm a Quiltaholic. With my stash, etc. in storage, I've managed somehow to build up a new stash and gather more gadgets. I'm guessing there's no cure, just maintenance????

North Central Ohio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665

Oh you guys are crackin me up.....and yes Tink you got one of the secrets, oh and never ever promise your spouse you won't buy anymore fabic...opps made that promise shortly after xmas...he laughed when we were at the quilt shop this weekend, said he knew I couldn't keep that promise....I think I trained him well..lol.

dee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:54 PM

Maintenance is ok by me!  There r worse addictions, ya know.  At least we keep out of everyone else's way, and we dont have expensive psychotherapy bills or hypertention - and we will leave this world a better place for having quilted here.  Right - of course, right.  : )

Carol L

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,610
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:13 PM

dee:

Oh you guys are crackin me up.....and yes Tink you got one of the secrets, oh and never ever promise your spouse you won't buy anymore fabic...opps made that promise shortly after xmas...he laughed when we were at the quilt shop this weekend, said he knew I couldn't keep that promise....I think I trained him well..lol.

dee

Dee did you put a time limit on that promise?  Like a day or maybe 2 ...... hmmm.  He certainly didn't think it would be longer than that did he?

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 3,475
Tink922 replied on Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:40 PM

Carol L:

Maintenance is ok by me!  There r worse addictions, ya know.  At least we keep out of everyone else's way, and we dont have expensive psychotherapy bills or hypertention - and we will leave this world a better place for having quilted here.  Right - of course, right.  : )

My husband interviewed in a small town that was a couple of hours away from Chicago. The only shopping they had there was a food store. The guy who was showing us around said the women go to Chicago shopping once a month and added that it was cheaper than a psychiatrist. I always thought he to be a smart man! ;-)

North Central Ohio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:16 AM

Thank u Althea, I needed that.   One thing I keep forgetting to do is to take stock.  Well, maybe today, cause my right wrist is on the fritze again - it does this every once in a while - really should accept the fact that I should let my sewing machine do the work.  Hand applique by machine is really just as good.  ; )

Carol L

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 600

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I missed the first Quiltaholics meeting of the year.  My husband had knee replacement surgery on Dec. 18.  V. Successful surgery, and he's doing amazing recovery - doing all the exercises at home between physical therapy at the local fitness center connected to local hospital.  Even progressed from walker to crutches to cane faster than the therapists and doctors expected.  Have his 6 week final checkup with surgeon and now PT's will begin to truly work him over - they say he now gets to go to the scream room - the room where the manipulate the knee to bend to 120 degrees.  He's now at 105.  Yikes!

Been getting some hand quilting in and some patchwork sewing in....it's cold here in Minnesota - we have 16 inches dumped on us at Christmas the this weekend's rain (it's in the 30s) finally drove some of those piles down.  Now we are getting the deep freeze again.   Good quilting weather!  Gotta love those crock pots!

Thank you all for your prayers.  They really worked!  He even went on a painting job with our son today. Can't keep an ambitious man down.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,610
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:21 PM

Nightengale

Glad to hear that your DH did so well with his surgery and rehab.  Really happy to hear that you have gotten some quilting done.  Want to see pics of finished products.

Your weather sounds nasty....don't want any more snow or rain for a while.  We are supposed to have another storm headed this way for the weekend but they don't know yet whether it will be snow or rain..I personally don't particularly want either one.  Ready for spring and warmer temps.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,840
Jill replied on Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:58 PM

So glad to hear about the success of your DH's knee surgery. I had one replaced in 2006 and the other in 2008. Wow, it's quite a surgery and recovery, but worth every minute of it. The PT is so important and sounds like he's being a very good patient.

My latest ailment is arthritis in my shoulder to the extent that shoulder replacement surgery is the only "cure" for my pain and inability to use my left arm for very much. I'm delaying it as long as possible, and as long as I can sew, I'll probably endure it. Time will tell.

Jill

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Tue, Jan 26 2010 12:21 AM

nightengale, it's good to hear from you and i am glad your bionic husband  is doing well.    i'm sitting in soggy north idaho, but at least it is precipitating. our snow pack is way down, which bodes for a bad fire season.    happy quilting.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,698
Points 248,172
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 26 2010 3:27 AM

Quiltoholics - I am so excited... I have a lounge now in Second Life...yep it is called Thea's Quiltoholic Lounge.  i posted the 12 steps on the wall... I am putting in some couches and chairs.  i have put a screen in the corner so members have a place to go to change there clothes in Sl without searching or hiding to do this... I have a low level of prims I am allowed but it is a place we can gather...

We are getting ready to have some classes - starting a BOM - aren't you excited about that - Jodie designed the quilt and she is going to debut it on QNNtv - which you will be able to bop over from here and see - then you can go to SL and see how to make it... sit at a sewing machine in a classroom and sit at home at your sewing machine - talk to the instructor...one on one - from your home to the instructor - a new way to take a class...so exciting...

I am thrilled to be involved in this... there will be kits for sale soon... so get ready - it will be available in batik or I believe 30s material - very nice material too... a very nice quilt - a large one too - it is a 6 month BOM and then will be available as a pattern in I think F&P in the fall magazine...

So come on over to the Quiltoholics lounge in SL - come get ready to do a BOM with Jodie!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Tue, Jan 26 2010 9:07 AM

Thea, for those of us with clogged brain cells, would you please remind us how to get to your SL site?  Thanks!!

Page 51 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use