Top 10 Posters

Quiltoholics

Page 33 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 912 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,613
Points 247,232
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:57 PM

Nice quilts Diana - thank you for sharing.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 8:11 PM

Diana,

your quilts are lovely. I bet the ladies in your class are having fun with this.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 10:30 PM

Diana, one of the DIL's of one of the members of my online quilt group has cancer. Another of the members suggested that we make a quilt for her using the Disappearing 9-Patch. They were still remodeling the basement when the member suggested this, so I paid for the batting and batting. The only requirement was to use at least 1 blue. It turned out really nice, too.

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 559
Points 10,810
Judi replied on Wed, Sep 16 2009 8:29 PM

i'm back but not unpacked from trying to empty my Mom and Dad's home.  I need to get back in gear and back to my quiolting those UFO's.  I hope to post a new blog message tomorrow.  Those UFO's are calling me.

BTW, I had a few questions on what WTC was.  It was the World trade Center.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome home, Judi!

You might want to check your signature. You're missing the [img] at the beginning of the URL. You should just be able to type it in.

I do not envy you the house cleaning. I had to do that with my dad's. He had not gotten rid of much after Mom died. Most of her clothes were still downstairs. My brother, SIL, & Jaci as well as a friend of mine came to help, but it was daunting! My brother the banker insisted, before he got there, that I shred everything with an account number on it. I understand why he wanted that to happen, but it was crazy. I broke 2 shredders before a lady at the CPA office that Dad used told me they had an industrial strength shredder, and I could take everything down to them. I took 3 of those great big, black leaf bags full of paper.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 2 2009 9:51 PM

Elizabeth:

It looks as if Althea won the naming of my building.  Althea please email me at withoutid4616@msn.com with your mailing address and I will send the fat quarters out to you.  Let me know if you have any particular colors you would like.  I am attaching a copy of the quote that I am putting into a banner for me door.  When it is finished I will send a copy to everyone.  The building is built, now the finishing touches of electric, ceiling, flooring etc. is in the works, wow is it ever big!!!!  Still not enough room, my dream is to have a warehouse, well almost just kidding I think.

Elizabeth’s Quilting Cottage

For those who enter here!

If you enter, your family, whether friend or foe

So don’t mind the thread, it goes with the flow

My quilts are my solace, they wrap me in love

So when you enter my cottage, smile and enjoy

All the thread, the fabric, needles and all

It isn’t a place for sorrow or woe

Just a place where I go to enjoy my own show

I sing, I dance, and I talk to myself

I sew and enjoy all the fabric and such

So when my lights are on, dimmed or bright

Just smile and think

Mom’s doing all right

I've got to have a copy of this on my sewing wall......absolutely awesome

Nancy

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 1,080
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Oct 2 2009 11:11 PM

Althea, did you get the fat quarters I sent to you?   The cottage is almost done, just finishing the lighting, and then the attic stairs, have to order blinds this weekend and then it is all finished.  Have my maid vacuum the floor and steam clean it then I move everything in, it may take a week or so to move in and arrange things but boy does it look good.  My husband has oak molding everywhere, creme de creme paint color and it is wonderful, after I move in he will work on the porch and painting the outside when the weather gets better.  But at least I will have a wonderful big place to work on my quilts.  I have five quilt tops completed and they need to be finished.  I have a special quilt I am designing for my daughter that I have been working on for a year so I may get to spread it out and work on it finally and finish it also.  I will take pictures of the room and the quilts when I can get them all spread out.  I ordered a blind rolling kit from the UK to put the design wall on, so I can pull it down and then lay the design on the wall when I want to see how it lays out, then I can just roll it up when I am finished and it doesn't take up much space.  I am so excited to almost be getting finished.  Let me know how everyone is doing out there in cyberland and keep in touch.  I work often so don't get online as much as I would like to.

Elizabeth

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Sat, Oct 3 2009 8:17 AM

Hi Nancy,   Love your poem.   Can I steal it???   I would love to embroider it on a small wall hanging and post it.  Neighbor's hubby keeps telling her she shouldn't come over here so much.   I've told her that when my light is on in my quilt room, everyone is welcome to come on in.  I told her to tell him to mind his own business....lol  One of my students at the sr. center is also one that is just coming out of her shell after losing her husband 2 years ago after 47 years of marriage.   She took it very hard and it looks like quilting is going to be her saver.  She's really enjoying it.  I told her we could get together once a week or two and have quilt days.  I'd love to have that poem to welcome everyone who comes.

Huggs and Enjoy your new cottage.

Diana from East. Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Elizabeth, I'm so excited for you and I love the name you picked out, and the poem. Looking forward to some pic's. The Creme de Creme color sounds like it will showcase your quilts beautifully and keep the atmosphere light on the overcast days of winter.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,613
Points 247,232
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 10:06 PM

Elizabeth:
Althea, did you get the fat quarters I sent to you? 

Elizabeth - I so apologize - I did get your fat quarters and thought I had sent a thank you message - wonder who recieved that note...  they are beautiful and I am looking for a new blue project to focus them in. 

I am so excited for you - a beautiful space to work in - I am so envious and that is truly is shameful of me...

I am very very happy for you!!! that is a much better way to be. 

I can not wait to see all the quilts that are going to roll out of that room - your design wall sounds fantastic.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,613
Points 247,232
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 10:55 PM

Althea :

Gavel Gavel Gavel

Please hold the noise down - ladies and gentlemen - we would like to bring this meeting of our Quiltoholics chapter  to order...

We thank you all for attending this afternoon...We would like to  welcome our members and any guests that are with us today.  After our business meeting, we would like any and all new members to stand and introduce themselves. 

Please remember ladies and gents that although we are proud of being a quiltoholic that everything spoken here is to be kept within these walls… Some of our members are still in the closet!  We are here to assist the members of this chapter in becoming the best quilter that she or he wants to be.  Quilts are made with love for the recipients who get them.  We want to give you support in making the best quilt that you can make.

We have a refreshment tray set up in the back - lots of chocolates, coffee, tea, soft drinks, water, and lattes.  !

Today 

We hope that our steps will help you and that you will proudly go forth from this meeting with the knowledge that it is OKAY to be a quiltoholic.  Here are our 12 steps.

1)  Admitting that you are a quiltoholic

2) Bowing to a Quilt Deva

3)  Your need of a sponsor to help you with your quilting life - a sponsor is someone who can help you with a specific part of your quilting... egs being a piecer, a person who appliques, a person who does hand piecing,  a person to help you with machine quilting or long arm quilting etc.

4) To search through your quilting life and write down in your own words your life as a quilter... what your goals are, what you have learned, what you want to do with your quilts.

5) Sharing your love of quilting with someone else... a great enterprise to be done at every opportunity..(remember quilting is a great thing)

6)  Owning up to your mistakes and showing how you have either hid the mistake or fixed the mistake and what you learned from the mistake that will help all future quiltoholics to realize that you weren't and aren't perfect that mistakes are made and can be overcome.

7)  Realizing that your Quilt Diva is there to teach you and give you assistance with any of the questions that might arise in your quilting life.

8) Take an inventory of your magazines – books – patterns – fabric ( including scraps)…

9) Taking an inventory of your UFOs.

10) Continuing  to take stock in what you have learned in your quilting life.  Strive to be better tomorrow then you are today.

11) Lift yourself up –invite a higher power into your quilting world.  This could be a favorite instructor – a speaker at your guild meeting, a speaker at a retreat or quilt show… we need to step out of our comfortable quilty lives and try something new.  So get out there and explore.

12) Having had an awakening that you are a quiltoholic, you will now take this message to all who are or might be candidates; to encourage them to stand up and shout that they are a quiltoholic too.

Our business meeting has now come to a close.  We invite each of you to stand and acknowledge your awareness that you are a quiltoholic.  We send you forth in this knowledge and ask you to come back when you are in need of support.  We hope that you will go forth and start a chapter of  Quiltoholics in your town or city.  We will be holding Weekly meetings to get together to discuss quilting issues, to give help and assistance to all who might need it, to send forth new and wonderful quiltoholics every chance we get.

We hope to see you here again – We appreciate each and everyone of you that have come and shared your valuable time with us!  Thank you.  We hope that you have many many warm and quilty days to come and send out warm quilty hugz to all. 

Hello all!  I would like to introduce you to a friend of mine from guild in Ponca city - she has been quilting since the 1970s and was a ceritfied quilting teacher... her name is Dava Carrell  - she is from Winfield KS - mother of 4 - grandmother of 17...

Dava was the speaker at our guild today and i would like to share some of her quilts with you - I can't give you all the thoughts that she passed on but I would love to share and hope you enjoy.  Dava has a beautiful cat and you will see how this transitions into her quilts. 

Dava was the president of her guild in KS several times over the years - this is one of the quilts that was made from presidential blocks.

another presidents quilt when she was in her sunbonnets phase.

She has a group of 11 friends that she is in a group with and this is one of the quilts that they made for her.

Dava loves putting mathematics into her quilts and she teaches this - this is one of her 9 patch quilts.

Dava makes quilts in all sizes - from very small to very large.  this is just a sampling of what she has shown and done.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.  I have made her an honorary member of your quiltoholics groupl

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 695

Awesome quilts!  Thank you for sharing.  This meeting immediately followed a show and tell session I attended at my annual quilting retreat in Port Townsend Washington.  This has truly been an inspiring "quilty" day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Althea--

Thanks for the delightful quilt show and for introducing your friend and our new honorary member, Dava.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 11:26 PM

Thea,

thanks for sharing this with us. Those quilts are beautiful. I love all the cats especially the one with the piano border.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Thanks, Thea, for introducint Dava to the Quiltoholics and showing her quilts.

Man, she does beautiful work, doesn't she!

Gillette, WY

Page 33 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use