Top 10 Posters

Quiltoholics

Page 31 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 912 Replies | 37 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 695

"Got swined!"  LOL, that's a good one.  Haven't heard that expression before but now I will use it with relish!!!

Even though, like Jodie said, I work for a big fancy airline, we only get 3 sick days a year and since I had bronchitis in January I'm now losing pay for each day I stay in bed.  Sign - no more fabric buying for a while.  

Staying in bed is not as bad as it seems as long as I can keep my laptop handy as well a my hand quilting and a good book.  I even have my son attending me and taking care of walking the dog, doing the laundry and ordering Chinese food.   I could get used to this (just glad I don't have to)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 4:06 PM

Jodie no chocolate yet.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 4:07 PM

Tricia Sherman:
Now I'm sick in bed and missing out on a fantastic outdoor quilt show I was suppose to attend tomorrow.

Oh no Tricia,

sorry you have to miss the quilt show. The garden is so beautiful. I bet it will be fantastic.

Get well soon.

I got my flu shot yesterday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 4:12 PM

lindalennox:
Okay, I'm new at this myself.  My name is Linda and I'm a quiltoholic and a chocoholic and a fabricoholic

Linda,

welcome to the group. With those credentials you'll fit right in.

Good luck with the surgery. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 695

Hi Linda

Welcome to the group!

Nothing wrong with a long posting - we love hearing about the quilts you have made.  Would love to see some pictures of them as well.  

Good luck on Monday, we'll all be thinking of you.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forum, Linda! I'll be thinking of you on Monday. Good luck with the surgery.

When you're feeling better, and if you get a chance, I'd love to see pictures of the quilts - even the ones that aren't finished!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 5:59 PM

Lindaennox, Welcome to Quiltoholics!  I thank you for outing yourself here!  I will be praying for you on Monday.  I have had 2 discs fused in my neck - wearing the collar was difficult - but sad to say it didn't stop me from quilting - lol - I hand sewed during my down day - I looked so funny leaning back in my lazy boy so that I could hold the fabric in front of my face... please don't do this...lol...  I felt so much better after my surgery and know that you will too. 

I didn't read where you are from - please let us know!  I did read where you have a son that graduated - any others... we are a nosey bunch here...lol  No need to answer any quesiton that you don't want to. 

We welcome you to QCA also and hope to see a lot of you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 6:02 PM

Tricia, I am sorry if anyone at our meeting brought the flu to you.  I can tell you from all my illnesses that extra B- vitamins help a lot - I take an extra dose of foltx when I leave the house so that I am further protected. 

I really enjoy having you with us via your laptop though so will hate when you go back to work.  I hope you feel better real soon though. 

Drink lots of liquids and don't forget that chocolate... I did see you putting a couple extra pieces in your pocket as you left the meeting...lol

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 695

Pocketing chocolate!!!

OH NO NEVER!

How could you even insinuate that????

My goodness, I would never never do anything so underhanded and so, so STICKY!

I can't believe you even thought that, I'm so ........ hey..... wait a minute -  who just said "the lady doth protest too much me thinks"?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 6:41 PM

I think that was Jodie - lol - you have me smiling from ear to ear -

Hope you are feeling better!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 94
Points 1,753
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 7:01 PM

Althea :

I will be praying for you on Monday.  I have had 2 discs fused in my neck - wearing the collar was difficult - but sad to say it didn't stop me from quilting - lol - I hand sewed during my down day -

I didn't read where you are from - please let us know!  I did read where you have a son that graduated - any others... we are a nosey bunch here...lol  No need to answer any quesiton that you don't want to. 

Althea (and everyone else), thanks so much and I really appreciate your prayers.  I unfortunately don't have any hand sewing to do, unless you count those pants that need hemming, I suppose I could also do some more embroidery on the candle wicking project, work on a UFO?!?!, how could I do that..lol.

I moved to Weston, VT from CT two years ago and am in a house with a quilting studio built to my design and specifications (I'm short, so all the counters are "my height")  Really enjoying it.  A quilt store opened up 3 minutes from my house in April Yippee!!!  (Everything else is 30 minutes away)

My two boys are 18 and 15 and I'm really jealous of those of you talking about making a large meal on Sunday and having leftovers all week.  We used to be able to do that, now, its gone before its on the table...lol

By the way how do you set up the signature??  Thanks

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Just checking a few posts and I'm sorry that I missed Tricia at the meeting...but at least I can't be blamed for spreading germs.

Tricia I hope you get better soon...drinks lots (non alcoholic of course..unless they are the hot toddies that mum used to recommend...teehee) and take lots of vitamin C.  Bed rest is the best thing to do to make a speedy recovery.

I miss keeping up with the posts but I am enjoying my trip.  I just blogged a bit...well quite a bit actually..about my trip...Hubby was concerned about me posting pics of him but oh well...I think he cute...teehee..by the way...please try and save some chocolate for me...

Ontario, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 8:08 PM

Well, I'm glad u r enjoying ur down time.  Dont understand where they come up with only 3 days sick time.  It's same for my son, too.  He takes a lot of vitamin C and eats very healthy so his down time isnt so often.

Carol L

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 8:14 PM

Glad u came - best wishes for Monday's surgery.  In event ur hands are tied, u could set urself up with some good quilt videos from QNNtv, during convalence weeks. 

U will be in our thoughts and prayers. 

Carol L

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 8:22 PM

To all my quiltoholics:

Thank you for any act of kindness you may have done today.  Please take a moment to remember my son, Joshua Reiss (23) and his friends and co-workers at the WTC today.  If you take astitch or send a quilt to charity, I can attest how much those quilts gave sustentance to my other children, my husband and myself in those very dark days after we lost our beloved son and brother.  Quilts do help heal hearts.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 31 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use