Top 10 Posters

Quiltoholics

Page 30 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 912 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:30 PM

thank you so much for speaking today Tricia - and I don't want to stop the chocolate eating - we truly appreciate your taking time out from you day.  I will have to check out "tanglebank" in a few minutes... Great job and many quilty hugz are coming your way!

appause!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FlfOiC_AqY - web addy for tanglebank on youtube

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:45 PM

Tricia,

this was truly a pleasure. Thank you so  much for sharing your experiences with us. I enjoy watching The Great Canadian Shop Hop.

I checked out the video on YouTube. Those ladies are having way too much fun. Made me giggle. I also looked at the website. Beautiful. Wish I could be there for the quilt show.

Will photos be posted after the event?

Thanks again.

Any chocolate left for me? I'm late, as usual.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 695

You're welcome.  It's a pleasure to be here.  I've passed by before and peered in the door, but hadn't enough courage to walk in until Althea nagged me (just kidding, Althea).   I hope I'll be able to attend more meetings although with the time difference, I'll probably be very late indeed.   

I'm sorry Jodie couldn't have been here as well.  I'm sure she will read the minutes when she get's a chance.  I know she is so busy filming, and thank goodness for that - it means more shows for us to watch!!!  

And speaking of shows, I'll be sure to tell you about the Designer show next week.  Hopefully I'll have photos, but no promises on that.  Maybe I can get someone else to take them for me. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Tricia, thank you so much for speaking to our group this evening.  I appreciate your taking time from your busy schedule to share your quilting experiences.  I enjoyed your story tremendously.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:23 PM

We really thank our guest speakers and for all of you that would like an update we do have another guest speaker coming - I think the date is going to be the 23rd of September but it may be at 6 pm instead of 5 pm or I may have someone else run the meeting that day as I will be in a quilting class that day... I think I need a co-president for the meetings...lol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 10 2009 1:01 AM

Thea,

I'm so glad you get these guests on here. I love guessing who'll be next.

I would love to help you but my work schedule won't allow it. I'm never on time for meetings so I won't be a good co-chair.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Thu, Sep 10 2009 8:32 AM

O dear, as luck would have it, I missed the meeting.  Thanks so much for the minutes, I really appreciate those.  Loved Tricia's comments, what an interesting story of how she got into quilting.  I must say, I have never heard that explanation before.  :  )  Good thing she listens to voices in her head.

Whichever, for time of the meeting.  Just keep us informed.  Hope u find a co-president or find a time when u will be there - u definitely dont want to miss ur quilting class.  However, there are other wonderful candidates on the list, if they can fit this into their schedule - after all, two heads are often better than one, and a lot more fun.

Thank u again, Althea, for making this all possible.  U r a wonderful quilty.

Carol L

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,515

Pssst...

I just started reading tricia's post and broke pout laughing when she wrote that there's no trunk show becuase the airline lost her luggage. Did she tell you she WORKS FOR THE AIRLINE???

back to reading.

~Jodie

P.S. Have you all received your chocolate yet?

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 695

In response to Jodie's airline comment:

Har, har, har (full of scarcasm)

-t

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 2:44 PM

Trica and Jodie, you are having too much fun!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 695

Isn't that what life's all about???

On a more serious note (yeah, yeah, someone has to spoil the party - LOL)  Who came to the meeting the other night with the flu?  Now I'm sick in bed and missing out on a fantastic outdoor quilt show I was suppose to attend tomorrow.  I'm so bummed out about it.  

I'm upset that someone passed along germs at the meeting, but maybe it was me passing them on so I hope no one else got sick.  

If I was the germ carrier,  - my apologies, and I hope who ever else gets sick will enjoy their time in bed!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Jodie Davis:

P.S. Have you all received your chocolate yet?

Uh, the answer to that would be NO! :-)

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Tricia Sherman:
If I was the germ carrier,  - my apologies, and I hope who ever else gets sick will enjoy their time in bed!

That would be kind of hard if they were sick, wouldn't it! (Sorry! I had to been Spud to the punch, but I do love double entendres!)

And it wasn't me with the flu. I feel just great! <knock on wood!>

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 3:41 PM

O dear, glad I missed the meeting if someone was passing around germs..(sic)   But seriously sorry u have to miss a good quilt show.  My son's in Seattle and he passed up going with friends to an animation showing - all those who went came back with the flu.  He was feeling so smug, then he said he got swined a few days after, so he had to miss a couple days work, and he doesnt get paide, when he doesnt work. 

The flu is not fun - hope u get better real soon.  Take care of urself.

Carol L

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 94
Points 1,753
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 3:41 PM

Okay, I'm new at this myself.  My name is Linda and I'm a quiltoholic and a chocoholic and a fabricoholic and...  I started quilting when I was in Junior High.  The "Junior" Girl Scout leader (and I had never done Girl Scouts before), got us to start some quilt blocks.  I chose a shoo-fly pattern and made many blocks out of scraps from all the clothes my Mom, sister and I had made.  Each block was nicely color coordinated, but my what a full range of colors when one looked at all the blocks together.  When in graduate school I found a booklet on making a candlewicking quilt, so I started and finished many candlewicked (embroidered) blocks in white and teal.  When my sister was pregnant, 20+ years ago I wanted to make my new niece or nephew a baby quilt, so I took several of the shoo fly blocks and added sashing and borders and made my first quilt.  It was great fun at her shower to have all her friends look at the blocks and remember what clothes the fabrics had come from.

I still have the candlewicked blocks and will give them a serious look in a while to see if I have to do more embroidering or if I can just add enough sashing to make it a quilt.  I have now made baby quilts for my two boys and my two nieces as well as for others.  My youngest nephew is now 3 and I swore I'd get his baby quilt (which is twin size) done by his third birthday, but that didn't happen (but the top is complete, as is the sandwich and I've started the quilting) and then my oldest son graduated from high school and I made him a t-shirt quilt.  The top was done by graduation day, but there it sits on my ironing counter all nicely folded and my nephew's quilt is all nicely folded on my cutting counter, but on our vacation I herniated a disk in my neck and it put me out of commission for a while.  Surgery is on Monday, so hopefully in a few weeks I can work on finishing those two.

I realize that I just wrote a really long post, so I'll have to write more at another date...

It has been great reading everybody's story, esp. during this time when I sit idle.  Thanks

• | Post Points: 80
Page 30 of 61 (913 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use