Top 10 Posters

Favorite quilt pattern you want to make?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie Posted: Sat, Nov 13 2010 2:20 PM

I have a few quilt patterns that I love and want to make. Here are just a few I hope to make at least in the next few years (wether they be for gifts or to keep). Some of them are easy patterns but I think that would be best for me to start since I am a new sewer/quilter. Here is my list in no certain order;

Grandmothers Flower Garden 

Coin 

Postage Stamp

Pinwheel

String

Baltimore Album

LoneStar

Sampler 

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

This is a tough question Valerie.  I'm like I have ADD when it comes to quilt patterns.  Oh I like that one - oh wait that one is pretty too, oh no that baby quilt is just the cutest dern thing and on and on. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 4:39 PM

Valrie, those are some tuff choices, I always wanted a Double Irish Chain which Idid make , I just need to finish quilting it , But I can olny do a little at a time cause its so heavy and I'm quilting it on my home machine,hard to move around. I will get it done eventually.  good luck on your quilts.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 5:12 PM

Valerie

You have some beautiful quilts on your list.  I too would love a grandmother's flower garden but I know I wouldn't ever finish it with all that hand piecing.  I do want to make a Giant Dahlia, a Lonestar, Mariner's Compass, and maybe someday a Double Wedding Ring.   I also like the Baltimore Album but again I am not sure I would want to do all that hand applique.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 6:47 PM

you have a good mix on your list.  itwill be fun to see them as you go     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 7:10 AM

I have almost the same wish list as Nana. I would like to make a Double Wedding Ring, a Lone Star and a Mariners Compass also maybe a Grandma's Flower Garden.  I see so many patterns and fall in love with most of the ones that are above my skill level LOL.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 4:49 PM

I forgot about the mariners compass and the trip around the world I also want to make. 

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 4:49 PM

I forgot about the mariners compass and the trip around the world I also want to make. 

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:09 PM

I want to do them all.  Most of all I want to do the designs I have in my head.

the Princess quilt for a 4 year old,  I am working on that now.   The Dalphin quilt, I have had the material forever.  Monkey around, for a toddler. There Are three for cribs to do with the winter fun fabric I just purchased,   There is the hunter quilt my husband asked for. Then there is the Three wishes which will be for a girl, embroidered Genies. 

Then I would like to try some traditional thing.  Problem is designs pop into my mind and stay there until I make them.  Couse that may be life security as I can't die till I get them all done.

Granny M  Quilting 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 11:54 AM

I want to make Storm at Sea and Kaleidascope, Tennesee Waltz, Baltimore Album, a Whole Cloth and an Improved 9 patch.  I made one mariner's compass motife, but it's not in a quilt yet.  I'm working on a Double Wedding Ring and it's taking forever to piece.  Then there's all the ideas for quilts in my head and all the quilts I've seen in magazines, not to mention all the tops I have completed and need to quilt.  I hope I find time to make them all in my lifetime:)  There comes a time when we must set our priorities for quilts we yet want to make and I think I've reached that time in my life.  Too bad it's about 12 years until I'l be old enough to retire.  I think I might have time to finish everything if I start working full time quilting now....Do you think we'll get to make quilts in heaven? 

Nana, I did a queen size Grandmother's Flower Garden, completely by hand, and it took 3 years to finish.  I must admit that if it wasn't for my daughter who asked me to make it, I would probably still be working on it. 

Linny t

Linny T

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 2:27 PM

Linny

Kudos to you for completing your GFG.  I just don't have that kind of patience in my life.....at least not at this point.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use