Top 10 Posters

HELP IM GOING TO PULL MY HAIR OUT!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 2,674

WHen I needed a quick ez quilt I found a them fabric and then cut 12" squares from the theme fabric and then made 4 patches using the theme fabric and an accent color. . .I then alternated the solid squares with the 4 patch. . .if you prefer you could also use a 9 patch. . .the other idea would be to do a "whole cloth" quilt where you find a themed fabric and just quilt the "whole" thing. . .I have never done one but have seen several that were really beautiful.

ceecee

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 50
Cathy replied on Thu, Aug 6 2009 8:17 AM

I was reading what others have suggested and  the rail fence is a great block to make it is quick and easy.  And it looks like you put a lot of time into it.  I've made a few of them,I have never had anyone turn thire noses up at them.  Good luck Cathy 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Thu, Aug 6 2009 8:45 AM

U know what u r going to get is too many suggestions.  :  )

I was thinking last night about the fasted time for me to make a quilt, when I realized I had less than a wk to get one done for my daughters July birthday.  That rail fence I suggested earlier was the best all purpose idea because it always looks spectacular.  However, u didnt mention the size u were thinking about making (wall size, lap top)?  How long before u need this to be done? 

Second easiest wall size I did was a sort of art quilt, I guess. I stripped several hues of green ( yes, green) and lined them all from the lightest to the darkest and just sewed the strips together.  After ironing the piece flat (with open seams on the back), I used a bias green for the stems of a trio of flowers - u can buy it pretty thin or make your own as I do.  The flowers were petaled like a daisy, I believe maybe 4, and cut these out at least 1/4 to 1/2 inch larger than needed.  Lay each petal out in a circle around top of stem and sew in a distance from the edge all around (use close stitches); the edges of each petal were left to frey. (told u it was to be an art quilt.)

When done with each flower, ur choice, and each started from the lower left and went out a distance so it looked like it was growing in a meadow,  I layered the top, backing, then thin batting and sewed around outside about 3 and half times.  Turned inside out and carefully pressed flat.  U can hand sew the opening closed or sew on outside all way around, about 1/8th or 1/4 away from folded edge.  I did hand sewing (whip stitched it) because my quilting was simply done in the ditch or seam line across the quilt.  Of course, I didnt go over the flowers nor their stem.  Quilt can be hung with clips found by curtains in the store, or sew plastic circles across top of backing and put a dowl rod threw these to hand on the wall.

No borders, no binding   and stitch in the ditch.  U r done.

Its up to u to add any symbalism -  since I dont really know what a  'Crowning' is, I cant help u with suggestions.

Carol L

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541

Cathy:

I was reading what others have suggested and  the rail fence is a great block to make it is quick and easy.  And it looks like you put a lot of time into it.  I've made a few of them,I have never had anyone turn thire noses up at them.  Good luck Cathy 

Hi Cathy I noticed this is your first post and I just wanted to say Welcome to QCA.  As you can see there are a lot of helpful quilters here.  Won't you please post a little something about yourself in the introductions forum?  We'd like to know more about you and your quilting.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Cathy:

Cathy,

I thought I had posted to say welcome to QCA but it seems to have disappeared into cyber space, so, I will say it again..... Hi and welcome to QCA

I wonder where that other post went... hmmmmm

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Maybe it was a different C/Kathy, Lynn. I seem to remember welcoming someone named Kathy.

But, I have not welcomed Cathy! Welcome to QCA. Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" section. We're all really nosy! LOL!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Maybe Judy, I am blonde you know LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

You keep forgetting the Space Cadet part! ROFLOL!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

I know I keep forgeting cause I'm a blonde space cadet, its like a vicious circle. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 2:00 AM

spud, i saw something fly past  mars, perhaps it was your post.    where is cyberspace anyway?   i picture it up there somewhere in space floating around catching unwary posts.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

gini:

spud, i saw something fly past  mars, perhaps it was your post.    where is cyberspace anyway?   i picture it up there somewhere in space floating around catching unwary posts.  gini

I think that is a great description -  they just float away and are grabbed by that unknown and unseen cyberspace

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,252
Points 254,467
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 7 2009 11:57 PM

I like the others would like to welcome you to QCA - please take some time - should you want to - we won't force you - well some might but they are mysteriously missing... anyway... please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself..

we are a fun bunch and if you have any questions or answers please contribute freely - I promise we don't bite...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,050

Hi Anox You don't know me, but I'm a new member also my name is Rose and I'm getting all your emails for some reason. sorry!  Just pick something simple, like squares or traingles and go from there. Wish you lick!

Rose andrako@verizon.net

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,252
Points 254,467
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:49 AM

Rose, welcome to the site... are you having a problem getting someone else's emails  - not sure how that happens but if you contact customer service I am sure we can get it taken care of.

when you are able - please introduce yourself to us - we would love to welcome you to our club... it is a warm bunch of quilters taht have a good time each and every day... tell us all about yourself - discerning minds want to know...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Rose and welcome to QCA.  Are you actually getting her emails or are you getting emails telling you about posts?  If it is the later then you can edit your profile and stop the emails when people post, if you are actually getting her emails, then you do need to call customer service as Althea said.

Again welcome to QCA and if I can help further just give me a holler.

Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.