Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 190
Bobbie Posted: Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:31 AM

Hi everyone.  I live in Southern Oregon with the love of my life hubby of working on 46 years.  I was laid off in May of this year, but had only been working no more than 12-20 hours a week.  We live in a beautiful 5th Wheel and love it right near the beautiful Rogue River. 

I made my first quilt, all by hand several years ago, as a gift for our daughter’s wedding.  Thankfully, she didn’t want to bring the quilt home, as she said it would have ended up in her hubby’s truck when he went hunting or camping.  (I am glad she didn’t take it now).  We still have it on our bed. LOL

I am lucky to have an understanding husband, who doesn’t mind having soup or grilled cheese sandwiches at night a couple nights a week, also he is a great cook.  And thankful that we purchased a pressure cooker, so I can make something quick and easy and feed him right.

I had been working on a memory quilt for my Mom but she passed away in June of this year and it was almost done.  So, instead, I am going to make table runners with pictures of the family.  Ok, I have the pictures I want to put on the table runners and I am going to go to a screen printing shop to have them put them on the white cotton fabric in the next day or so.  I am only doing 3 table runners with the fabric I had been working on for my Mom’s Memory Quilt. 

Any Suggestions Idea’s or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

JusDucky

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 4:13 AM

Hello Ducky,

just want to say welcome and express my sympathy on the loss of your mother. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 4:42 AM

Ducky, welcome to the club, sounds like you have been busy, some of the fifth wheels there are now are beautiful ,with all the slideouts and full baths, I would have no objection to living in one myself. YOu will love this club ,there sre so many helpful gals and this site can become very addicting. Hope you join us often..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:30 AM

Welcome jusducky, you will get alot of advice here.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 7:08 AM

JudDucky

Welcome to the site.  Hope you drop in and chat with us frequently.  I want to offer my condolences on the loss of your mother.  That is really tough.  Anxious to see pics of your tablerunners.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Jusducky~

I would like to welcome you also. I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I think of my mother every day. 

You will learn lots here. Don't be afraid ti ask questions and Gini always tells us that there are no quilt police here so nothing is wrong. You'll find everyone is so nice, friendly, helpful and talented here. We'd love to see pics of your table runners when you get them finisihed.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 1:09 AM

hi ducky and welcome.    i love visiting the rogue river.   it's been a while since we were  there.   i've never mad e a memory quilt with pictures, table runners sound like a good idea.   sorry to hear about your mom.     gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use