rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 295
Monique Smyth Posted: Wed, Nov 10 2010 10:54 AM

Hello

My name is Maggie ( ok my profile says Monique but ehh) i am 30 yrs old. Stay at home mommy. I have a 5yr old little girl and a 15 months tornado on legs ( my lil guy =) I am blessed to have my soul mate with me and live in our own little piece of paradise. ( Florida)

I just started quilting ummm 3 months ago. I am currently working on my first real quilt ( not a panel) for my daughter. I am using a Viking Designer SE LE.

BB Maggie

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Hi Maggie and welcome to QCA.  How exciting, I hope you will share pictures of your first project when you can.  Glad you are here and I look forward to getting to know you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,495
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 11:16 AM

Hi Maggie and Welcome to QCA.  It sounds like you have your hands full with a little guy.  That is such a fun age but boy are they whirlwinds.  It is great that you have taken up quilting and I hope you will share pics with us.  Hope you have time to chat with us.  We all love learning about new members and their quilting and their lives.  Enjoy the site.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 155

welcome maggie,

you will enjoy this site it has just about everything you can image, its very helpfull , good luck on your quilt.

sandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Hi Sandy and welcome to QCA. You are right this is a great site and so much fun, maybe too much at times. LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 295

Thanks everyone =)

Yes he's a handful, but he does things daily that steals my heart.  I will post pics as soon as i can.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 12:18 AM

Welcome Maggie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 3:37 AM

Welcome Maggie, We do like to have fun on here.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:09 AM

Hi Maggie, Welcome to the club, sounds like you have your hands full with the little one , this is a great site  everyone is very helpful and we love to chat.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 4:31 PM

Hi Maggie, Sandy and Barbara.

Welcome to the wonderful world of quilting with QCA.  You've come to the right site.  We have loads of fun and learn so much.

Jump in and show us your stuff (quilts)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Maggie.  Hope you enjoy playing with us. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:09 PM

Welcome, Maggie to QCA. Nice photo of you and your soul mate (I assume). You have your hands full with a 5 year old and a 15-month old. Good luck with your quilting--make sure to check our forums for advice, encouragement, inspiration, fun, anything else you can think of. It's a great group of quilters and very knowledgeable!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 295

Thank you all for such warm welcomes. I went to my viking dealer today and picked up a quilting table that goes on my machine. I think this is going to help big time while i am quilting the blanket  i am working on. As soon as i am done with the blanket i will post pics. I am going to work on it tonight. =)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,472
Points 46,470

Hi Maggie, welconme to the club! I also live in Florida . I have an 18 month old grandson so I know what a tornado is, LOL. good luck with your quilting.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use