Photo Memory Quilt

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 395
lauried26 Posted: Tue, Nov 9 2010 9:13 PM

Hello everyone I need some advice. I have a friend wanting me to make her a memory quilt. Has anyone ever made one if so what advice do you have and what does it cost to make one of those and how much time does it take. I would really like to do this for her.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 9:40 PM

Hi Laurie,

there has been lots of discussion on this topic. I made a photo quilt last year. I used white Kona cotton and Bubblejet set which was cheaper than buying prepared fabric sheets. Cost and time taken really depends on how many photos you want to use and how you plan to get them printed.

Click here for past discussion

And here

You can find Bubblejet Set here On this same website if you scroll down on the left side of the page you'll see "Jerome's Column" he provides some good information that will help you get started.

You'll find a photo of my memory quilt here.

Good luck. Let us know how you progress. Any more questions please ask. You'll get lots of info.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 155

kris,

I LOVE YOUR MEMORY QUILT! I DID ONE FOR MY MOTHER IN LAW ALL ON MULSIN WITH CLOTH PICTURE PAPER? IT TOOK ME 6 MONTHS BUT FINISHED WTIH HELP FROM MY MOM FOR CHRISTMAS.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 12:50 PM

Thanks Sandy. Have you posted a photo of your quilt?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 5:36 PM

I've done a few memory quilts.  This one is my parent's 50th anniversary.

http://igottaquilt.blogspot.com/2007/07/anniversary-quilt-top-finished.html

Bugglejet Set is the cheapest way to go or you can buy pretreated sheets that are easy.  But really, it isn't any harder than any other quilt.  You just have to have an idea what you want to do.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use