Northern California new member

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 210
BARBSCH replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:40 PM

Clear Lake is about 150 miles from me. It is beautiful up there. I am about 75 miles from sacramento. I love it here the weather is always so mild.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 210
BARBSCH replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:45 PM

She is one of those people who works better on a deadline. So she made all those in 5 weeks as Mothers day gifts. I remember when my grandmother taught me how to sew doll clothes at 6 yrs old. Once you sit at a machine and see something you made most people are hooked. I hope she stays with it.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 125

Hello. I am a new member also. Been sewing on and off for many years. Always interested in quilting but while I know a lot from reading, going to shows and watching tv,  my actual quilting experience is very small. Am trying to fit actual quilting into a very busy life, which you all know is not easy, I can't seem to find any local groups that meet when I am available so I am looking forward to at least talking abut quilting with all of you.  I made my first quilt in the mid-70s mostly by hand as a holiday gift...was still putting it together on xmas morning, so it got tied, not quilted. It seemed so simple from the pattern instructions!!! Have made a bunch of baby quilts since (the first was queen size).

Take care,

MJJ

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

MJJ welcome we do alot of talking around here,I'm sure you will enjoy it.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,817
Points 43,784
Eileen replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 7:13 AM

Welcome, Barb! QCA is lots of fun.

It's great that you are sewing with your granddaughter :-) We need to keep passing on our knowledge to others. 

Don't let Gini pull you too far into the UFO "black hole" - it's hard to get out of there (I know - I have way too many projects going at once).  There's plenty of good-natured teasing between the one-project-at-a-time folks & those who can't have enough projects going at once!

I hope you share some photos of your quilts with us soon. Enjoy the site :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 7:15 AM

MJJ, welcome to the club, sounds like you are gonna fit right in here.We love to talk about quilts and we love to drool over them. There are a great number of ladies here who are really good with advice if you need it , Just ask a question and someone will have the answers. One warning ,be prepared to become an addict lol...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,817
Points 43,784
Eileen replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 7:17 AM

Welcome, MJJ :-)

Wow - you tackled a queen size right off the bat!  I'm glad you stuck it out & made more.  Finding time can be a challenge, but it's a great mental break from other things & sure is fun :-) (OK, except for "froggin'" - ripping out seams).

I hope you're enjoying QCA so far & do take advantage of all the talent by asking questions - you'll get great help on here!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 11:17 AM

MJJ

Welcome.  We love talking quilting and just about anything else that comes along.  We tend to be a really chatty bunch.  Hope you enjoy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 1:25 PM

mjj, welcome.  you'll find a lot of quilting talk here, through a lot of fun.      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 2:19 PM

MJJ,

Welcome,  I am a newbie to this site also but I absolutely love it and everyone on it.  They are so very nice, talented and helpful.  You will also get quite a few laughs from everyone and some great videos and pictures. And if you want to do a swap you can... Or you can just sit back and relax. Have fun and enjoy QCA, it's a great place.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Welcome MJJ,

I used to be a one quilt at a time UNTIL I joined QCA. They have all lead me a stray and I've got a gazillion things going on at once. Then this lady named Patti had the audacity to start a new group called UFO's (unfinished objects). Well, that was real clever and they are all in cahoots. So now I have this humungous UFO pile that I will probably never finish in this lifetime.Then we have contests to see who has the most UFO's. And I also have the new to-do pile to do, too. Tons of kits, fabric already cut for patterns, fabric bought for patterns, so my days of one thing at a time are long gone. Be vewy vewy careful......it's a conspiracy here and you will soon have a growing UFO pile like the rest of us. lol

North of Boston MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:22 PM

MJJ,

Welcome!  I too joined at least in part because it seems most of the groups meet during the day which is difficult.  Anyway, this is fun!  and I get a lot of inspiration and tips from reading the various posts and checking ou the galleries.  Also, I have found that I used to be a one-quilt-at-a-timer but since attending an event in late September and joining this group - I find I now have multiple (like 9!) projects going at once.  Trouble but fun!  I hope you enjoy the site!

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 8 2010 1:44 AM

Welcome to the group MJJ.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 165

Welcome barb, from another newbe, I have also been teaching 2 of my grandaughters one has her own mackine now the other will soon, she tells me. enjoy it. Lloydine

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Lloydine.  I don't think I have seen you post before.  Tell us a little about yourself. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use