Northern California new member

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 210
BARBSCH Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2010 4:43 PM

I have been quilting off and on for many years. Last year I was laid off from my job and have plenty of time to Quilt. I am one of the quilters who has to finish a project before moving on. I just can't wait to see the finished project.

I was born in Buffalo New York but have been in Ca. for 30 years.

My daughter and Grandaughter live with me. Sarah is 11  and is learning to Quilt . She has made three throws so far, 13 tote bags and is working on pot holders for xmas gifts. My favorite part of sewing is teaching her how to sew.

I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Barb (?) 

Where abouts in Northern California.  I have a brother who lives in Kelseyville on Clear Lake.  I know it's above Santa Rosa.  When I visited my folks out there before they passed, I used to fly into either San Francisco or Sacremento.  Northern California is so pretty. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 604
Points 12,670

Hi Barb,

Welcome.  How wonderful to teach your granddaughter.  Her memories will be as rich as yours.  Please post pictures and check in here often.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Barb~

Welcome to QCA. It's so good to hear that you're teaching yur granddaughter to quilt. We have to keep the arts alive in the young people. We love to see pictures of what you are working on and learning all about you.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

BARBSCH:
I am one of the quilters who has to finish a project before moving on. I just can't wait to see the finished project.

Welcome to the QCA forums, Barb; and welcome to the extremely small group of "those who must finish before starting something new" group. LOL!

data not applicable

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 6:44 PM

Welcome!  Northern CA is beautiful - and doesn't have the Buffalo winters!  Your granddaughter is very lucky to be learning - and she sounds like an overachiver - 13 totebags!!!

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 6:47 PM

Welcome Barb

Hope you enjoy the site.  I used to only do one project at a time now I tend to have 6 or 7 or more in the works at the same time.  This site makes it really hard to stick to one at a time.  There is always so many projects going on and I always have to do them....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 6:58 PM

Barb,welcome to the club.You will love this site.Be prepared to beccome an addict. I think it is so wonderful that your granddaughter  is learning to quilt.it is her generation that will keep this craft alive. So good for her .Tell her we old gals( LOL) wish  her success.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 7:30 PM

Barb!

Welcome, I am also happy you are teaching your granddaughter.  I taught my best friend to quilt and she never even sewed before.  Miracles happen! LOL 

You will love this site --everyone is very nice and helpful.

WOW!  I am impressed -one project at a time.  I wish I could do that.  I am like Nana and everyone else--lots going at once--- and always thinking about future quilts.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 7:44 PM

Welcome Barb,

it's so great that you're teaching your GD to quilt. It sounds like she's a wonderful pupil.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:34 AM

welcome barb, good for you, teaching your granddaughter to quilt.

BARBSCH:
I am one of the quilters who has to finish a project before moving on. I just can't wait to see the finished project.
  we'll be working on this  :  )    i seem to have many projects going on at once, my brain is kinda like that of a demented flea, hopping from here to there without much purpose.    this is a fun place to hang out. enjoy   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Barb, welcome. I so wish i could finish one project before I start another, but I can't seem to stop myself lol.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160

Welcome to the club.  I also have to finish something before I move on. I think it is because I have no room left to store things.  Also I get excited to see the end result when I get a quilt half way done.  Then I have to watch out or I would spend all my time in the sewing room

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:26 PM

Granny M:
  I also have to finish something before I move on. I think it is because I have no room left to store things.

i'll need to work on you, too. hmmm, maybe you need some help with creative storage.  the car is a good place and has lots of room.  do you have an extra bathroom in your house?  you  don't really need two.  just think of how much fabric you could get in a bathtub.  the toaster takes up a lot of space, and who needs toasted bread anyway?   see, i bet i could come up with a lot of storage at you house.       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:21 PM

Ooh Gini, I think I need to hire you for tips on storage. I've run out of space in my sewing room. It's getting so I can no longer see the floor in there.

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use