rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 475
Carol Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:50 AM

Hello everyone,

My name is Carol and I live in Athens - Ontario, that is.  I don't speak Greek, but no one else here does either!  ( I may wear a toga occasionally, but that's another story)

I have been quilting for several years, and have taken to machine embroidery in the last two.  I take classes at my local quilt shop, the Taylor Sewing Center in Brockville, Ontario, and even taught my first class this fall. 

Now that I am retired, I have more time to indulge in my hobbies, which include lots of crafting such as needlepoint, rug punch, beading and of course quilting.  

I recently joined QCA and am enjoying the hours I am spending on the computer, exploring the possibilities.

Cheers!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:54 AM

Carol

Welcome to the site.  Hope you will take time to chat with us frequently and to share pics of your projects.  We love to drool over everyone's accomplishments.  Hope you have a great time here.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome Carol

We have a number of members from various parts of Canada.  Hope you continue to explore and drop in to chat too.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Welcome Carol:  Isn't  retirement just the cat's meow!

So glad you are joining us in our quiltly world. 

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 4:05 PM

Welcome Carol!  I am so impressed that you have taught a quilting class!  I will remember that when I have questions!  I've never been to Ontario but it is on my list of places to get to soon so it's good to know of a quilt shop in the area.  Enjoy!

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:10 PM

Welcome Carol

I also live in Ontario;about 22 km north of Cobourg.This site has been awesome .Great people lots of beautiful quilts and tons of help.i like all the different swaps and the mystery quilt .All firsts for me and enjoying myself.There are many talented funny inspiring ladies here.

Darlene(2many horses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Carol~

Welcome to QCA. Hope you check everything out. There are so many things to look at and do here. Everybody is so nice, friendly and helpful here. Lots of talent and oooohing and aaaaaahing.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 7:11 PM

Carol,welcome to the club, this is a great site with lots of really nice people.Make sure you share some of your project cause we love to look at them. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 7:23 PM

Welcome Carol!

You will love it here!  I am a newbie also and I used to be shy but no more.  This talented group will amaze you and they are so nice-- plus they will make you laugh a lot. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 7:40 PM

Welcome Carol. Hope you enjoy it here.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660

Hi Carol and welcome to QCA! We're glad you're here. We look forward to seeing some of your creations and participating in the forums!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:46 AM

hello carol, welcome.   i'm ready to hear the toga story.   :  )     retirement is great.  and so is the group here.   enjoy    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092

Welcome Carol.

[Ava, Missouri

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.