Top 10 Posters

Elena's Christmas Gift (my first completed project on my own)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie Posted: Sat, Aug 1 2009 10:17 PM

This is a coaster for my niece for christmas, I figured my niece wouldn't mind the few mistakes I made since she will only be 2 and a half then. lol I thought she might like to have her own specific 'grown up' (kind of anyways lol) coaster to place her own cup

I am not the best on sewing the 1/4 seams yet, so that is why it looks a little crooked, and I did add a batting to it although you probably can't tell

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,247
Points 239,887
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 1 2009 10:19 PM

I think she will love her Auntie... it is adorable and a very grown up gift for her - she will feel all grown up to have her own coaster.  you are very special to do this for her and I like it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Valerie,

Your niece will love her very own coaster it is very cute.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sat, Aug 1 2009 10:48 PM

correction it is my first project on my own, a few years ago I made some table center pieces with my mom. I was originally going to use a snowman fabric but then they were to big on the template I had so I switched fabric. I love the little rocking horse, unfortunately I don't know the name of this fabric as I got it in a monthly christmas club. does anyone else know the name/designer of this fabric?

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 835

Valerie,

It's  soooo cute. You did a good job. She will love it. We all start somewhere and get better as we go. Don't stress about perfection just enjoy making quilts etc. I don't think anyone here believes they are perfect all the time. I know I'm surely not and I've been sewing for over 45 years :-).

Jean

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
Wow, I love it and so will your neice. She will love using it and feel very special using it. You are a terrific aunt. I better start making gifts for my neices and nephew too. Oh no, I have less than 6 months to create. Better get started today! Have a good one.
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sun, Aug 2 2009 7:40 AM

thanks everyone, I figured I would just start out doing some projects that are fairly easy and quick. So I think a lot of people I know will get coasters and placemats (that would look similar to the coaster above but it would just have more of squares) for Christmas this year. then eventually get to some of the bigger items, such as quillows, table runner, and baby quilts,  then I would be alot better at the 1/4 seams.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Valerie--

The fabric kinda has a Debbie Mumm look.  Your niece will love her coaster, I'm sure.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Valerie, very cute.  And all little girls love horses so she should love it.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Very nice, Valerie! I'm sure she'll love it!

Gillette, WY

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

aww so sweet to make your niece her own grown up coaster...she will love it!! I know my daughter would have loved it

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,247
Points 239,887
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 12 2009 2:25 PM

Valerie, I think your idea of gifts for Christmas is wonderful ... you can become really accomplished on 1/2 square tirangles and 1/4 square triangles - your 1/4" seam with these small projects so that when you feel confident enought to start a big quilt you will just fly thorugh it... great ideas - good job.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use