trouble

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
57 Posts
Points 1,265
Carla H. posted on Thu, Jul 30 2009 11:18 AM

I am trying to watch Quilt Out Loud. I can get to it no problem but it does not buffer it just stays stuck....any suggestions

Thanks

Carla/Houston

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Carla,

You may need a plug in for it to run properly.  I wish I were home and could help more.  What browser are you using?

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Also, do you have high speed internet?  I don't think you can watch if your connection is too slow.  I'm just throwing out suggestions here, kind of thinking outloud.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70

I am also having trouble having it buffer up.   The promotional video does fine, but the segment videos do not. I would like to be able to watch them. I would  like an answer also.

Thanks , Teresa

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
121 Posts
Points 2,650

Question to those not able to see QOL video:

• Are you able to click on other videos on QNNtv.com and watch them with no problem?
  • Are you able to go to a site such as www.YouTube and randomly click on videos and watch them with no problem?

Trying to determine if you need to update your video player, or if it's an issue w/that particular video. If your Flash player needs to be updated, you'll most likely get a message like that on when you click on a video at www.YouTube.com (along with a link to update.)

QCA Peg

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 135

Hi - please make sure to contact customer service at QNNtv.com if you are having problems.  They are not checking the boards right now due to increased call volume.  This is from the QNNtv.com web site:

For technical issues regarding video and audio playback, please see our "Help" section in the upper right of your screen.  If you are unable to resolve the issue, please contact us at support@QNNtv.com or call us toll free at 1-888-253-0201.

Thank you,

Kristi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
121 Posts
Points 2,650
QCA Peg replied on Fri, Jul 31 2009 10:24 AM

I also want to mention this from our tech team:

"The QOL episodes are relatively large (esp. the full episode: 60 min!) and may take 10-15 sec for buffering to complete on a high-speed connection.  Here at work, for instance, the full episode took 20-25 sec to complete buffering.  

Traffic is probably another factor-QNNtv.com's traffic reached an all-time high yesterday and, while the video delivery system is robust, I imagine the demand may have contributed some delay.

The good news is that once the playback begins it seems to move smoothly."

So, in short, you may want to give it a minute or two to load. Keep us posted!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use