Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 300
Vicki Posted: Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:38 PM

I have been a member  since April and am really enjoying my membership. Just to be able to watch all the quilting shows was well worth the membership. My local PBS channel devotes only an hour to quilting, so I wasn't able to watch many shows, now i have my pick! There is alot offered here and I have really just started looking at all the other benefits that are available.

=^..^= Sewcatcrazy =^..^=

Vicki

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Vicki and welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying it and hope to see more of your posts, we would love to hear what you have been up to.

T Lynn - SW Idaho

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:56 PM

welcome. and you cat quilt is cute.   there's lots a fun happenin' here, hope you have fun at qca.  gini   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 27 2009 9:00 PM

vickie, this is a great place and i agree with you - watching the tv shows is great - My PBS channel hardly ever shows qulting - I hear that F&P is going to be on - but not here - I get to see quilting on our RFD channel - I just love being able to watch a program any time I want to see one.  And ones that I have never heard of - it is really great.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,816
Points 352,342
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 27 2009 9:47 PM

Welcome Vicki,

before QNNtv I had only managed to catch 1 Eleanor Burns episode PBS. I was hooked and wanted more. Thanks goodness this is here. Other sites are just not as comprehensive as this one.

EB's site is starting to post videos and she has a BOM going that is recorded live. Lots of fun. She's doing quilt blocks that are found on the side of barns. 

Happy quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Tue, Jul 28 2009 8:52 AM

Hi Vicki, welcome to QCA.  Tell us a little about yourself and your quilting.  And, where do you call home?  Glad to have you with us and I'm sure you will enjoy the site.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 2,674
ceecee replied on Tue, Jul 28 2009 6:20 PM

Hi Vicki,

Welcome!  Hope. . .I discovered QNN by accident.. .I stopped watching when they changed from a free format to memship. . .but when QCA came along it was too good of a deal to pass up!  I love all the info you get from the shows and fellow quilters. . .I have learned several new things from tips that have been posted!  (But then I have a LOT to learn).

ceecee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Tue, Jul 28 2009 6:47 PM

Welcome Vicki!  Yes, this site and QNNI.TV is wonderful!!!  I am really enjoying myself and hope you do as well.  There are lot's of great quilters here, and more information than you could ever need.

See you around the forums.

Staying busy

Linda Lou

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 300
Vicki replied on Wed, Jul 29 2009 6:44 AM

I like to do alot of different crafts. I've been doing embroidery, knitting and crocheting for a very long time, since I was about 8 years old. I didn't get into quilting until later on in the early 70's. Such fabric to choose from ! Thank goodness the fabric companies expanded to all the great fabric we have now.

I live in Green Bay, which is very nice. We have 4 LQS that have just about everything you'd want. They all carry something different so there is a nice variety. I'm very excited about this site, there is alot to look at and all the shows to watch, just love it!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Fri, Jul 31 2009 11:45 AM

Hi Vicki!

Welcome aboard from a fellow Wisconsinite!!!!  (Milwaukee)  You will find a wealth of information here and great conversation.  Hope to hear more from you!

Candy in Wi

When life gives you scraps, Make quilts!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Fri, Jul 31 2009 1:29 PM

Welcome.  I am new to QNN, too.  Well, in finding time to read the forums, that is.  We hail from north central Wisconsin, which, btw, is definitely cooler than my son finds it in Seattle.  I also used to catch the quilt shows in the start, but love the redesigned site!!  Took the time to watch the new  'Quilt Out Loud'  this morning.  WOW, enjoyable, terrific, informative  are just a few words I can say about it.   Love the connection to other quilters, too. 

Carol L

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 300
Vicki replied on Fri, Jul 31 2009 1:33 PM

Hi Candy,

It's good to hear from someone from the great state of Wisconsin. I have already "talked" to alot of members and I hope to find some interesting projects from all the different shows to watch.

=^..^= Vicki =^..^=

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 835

Welcome Vicki!!!!!!!!!! Good to have you with us. I hope you enjoy it as much as i do

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Ogroses and welcome to QCOA.  I look forward to finding out about you and your quilting.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Fri, Jul 31 2009 7:41 PM

Hello to u 2.  Right now I'm spending way too much time online.  Sigh.  I have to get my act together and quilt!  It has been wonderfully cool  here this summer.  I think if I lived in Seattle where my son now resides, I would be miserable and get very little of anything done.  : ).  Of course, right at this spot where my laptop rests, is right inline with a couple fans - cool breeze!

Carol L

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use