Page 1 of 5 (75 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 74 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea Posted: Mon, Jul 27 2009 2:08 PM

I got 2 new magazines in my mail today and I am reading the first one and came across Kittie memories... I have been looking at cat quilts for a while - I have a couple that I have made over the years - a Siamese one that I designed myself - it was one of my first quilts - and then I made there are cats on my quilt - a rendition of Billy Lauder's there is a cat on my quilt - I enlarged mine and put several.

I have looked at and want to make Stairway to Cat Heaven - a friend sent me the picture a few years back - but now in the McCalls  thter is one called Kittie Memories - it is very cute and I could really dig into my stash for this one -

So i am marking the page and putting it next to the sewing machine to put this on the list of wanabees...

there is another cute quilt in this mag but it has tons and I mean tons of half square triangles...It is called Lady of the Lake - it is a beautiful quilt and I might be interested and would finish if I started as i have to finish - but would be kicking myself in the *&( about 1/4 of the way through asking myself whatever possessed me to make this quilt...lol

Back to the magazine - but my arms were hurting trying to hold it up to read so figured would stop for a minute to give you a report - have taken my pain medication - didn't want to but it was mandatory today... I may even go crawl back in bed for an hour to see if I can warm up and get some of this to recede...not sure...

Kitty Memories will take me longer to make then Rocking horse and Bunny - a lot more complicated but it will be fun...

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Jul 27 2009 2:23 PM

Where are my magazines?!!  You guys are all getting yours and mine have not come yet.  It seems like forever since I received any mags.  I got Easy Quilts last week, but that's the only one. 

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Hi Althea,

I got two magazines in the mail, as well.   One was the Easy Quilts with the Joann's 10% club card in the back. 

I looked at the Lady of the Lake and I was impressed with the strip piecing for the half square triangles.  Did you see that?  That would be sooooo much easier than sewing half square triangles individually. 

Where did you see the Stairway to Cat Heaven?  That is one thing I have in my mind to make, except mine will be Stairway to Airedale Heaven.  But, I can't remember where I saw that.  Can you help me remember?  I know that it was just recently.  I can't wait until I get really old and stupid............................  Where is Kitty Memories? 

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 27 2009 2:34 PM

Both the Lady of the Lake quilt that I saw and Kitty Memories are in the October McCall's quilting - if you saw the same Lady of the Lake - pg 18  ; Kitty Memories pg 54 - see that is an omen - born in 1954 - kitty memories on pg 54...I like Half Past Autumn in same magazine...

Advertisement for pattern for Stairway to Cat heaven is on page 32 - you can order pattern from villagequiltshoppe.com - or call 1-800-590-3465... another omen - our phone # used to end 3465...lol

Let me know if you decide to make either - we can keep notes with each other. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 27 2009 2:36 PM

has your mail man arrived yet?  may stil come - the other mag I got today is American Patchwork & quilting... am still reading first one - had to put down - bad arm aches today - if i got up and sat at the table I could still read them but think I would rather anticipate and stay right here - am still thinking of laying down - pain meds are just kicking in and not doing a good job yet...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Sandy Hicks:

Where are my magazines?!!  You guys are all getting yours and mine have not come yet.  It seems like forever since I received any mags.  I got Easy Quilts last week, but that's the only one. 

I'm in the same boat as you Sandy, no magazines.  It seems like a really long time since I received one. Maybe tomorrow.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:23 PM

I think I have subscriptions to about 4 - maybe more as i just got a new one last month and then I will pick up some at the store when the cover grabs me.  I get 2 other magazines during the month - my church one and the Nat'l Geographic - I have gotten that one since I was a kid - love the stories of far away lands.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782

Hi Kathy--

Yesterday I got McCall's Quilting and American Patchwork & Quilting in the mail.  The Stairway to Cat Heaven info is on p.33 in Mcall's.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 28 2009 6:56 AM

I got McCall's mag too. I love the cover quilt with the trapunto. What a lot of work that quilting must have been. It really is a great magazine too. I don't think I have ever had an issue that I haven't admired at the very least one quilt.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 398

I'm in the same boat. My magazines are  late most of the time. I used to blame the mailman, but I think it's somewhere higher up in the chain. I had a trace put on my magazines to see where the problem originates, but never got a definitve answer. I still notice some of my favorite magazines on the stands before I get mine.

I'm also glad I came on here today because I didn't realize my new discount card was on the back cover of my Easy Quilts mag.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 1,605
Sherri replied on Mon, Aug 3 2009 10:58 PM

I love getting my magazines in the mail. Don't think I put them down unit I have read every page twice.

sherri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 2,674
ceecee replied on Tue, Aug 11 2009 5:10 PM

How do you all like the McCalls quilting mag?   I don't get it but am definitely thinking about it. . .also what about Quiltmaker?   Got an ad in today's mail to subscribe. . .any input on that?

ceecee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 11 2009 5:16 PM

Ceecee, I am the wrong person to answer your question because I like them all - they each have different things that I like - I would subscribe to all of them if I could...lol   I like both that you are asking about - have my last quiltmaker right over there next to my chair - I was going to re read it tonight when I am resting...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Tue, Aug 11 2009 5:32 PM

i'm with you here althea,  i can't answer this question, because i like them all.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 11 2009 5:47 PM

I can say I like ones with more articles then advertisements but I understand that too... I didn't enjoy last month getting that clothing company insert but it disappeared into the trash -- be we have to understand that our magazines need money to make them for us - so I will not complain or before I know it the mags like the quilt shops in this area will dry up .

Just heard another shop is closing... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Page 1 of 5 (75 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.