rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 290
Mary Meserve Posted: Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:23 PM

Hello

I live in Southern Arizona, it's very warm right now. Mostly I stick to applique in the summer as it's so hot. We have a great Guild here and a big Quilt Show every year so it's alot of fun.

Right now I am visiting my daughter in Idaho. It got a little warm today but still cooler than home.

I have been quilting for about 12 years well mostly practicing. I have gotten a few things done tho. I think I need more practice. It's fun tho!

Happy Quilting

Mary

• | Post Points: 110
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:26 PM

Mary...

Welcome and nice to meet you....

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Mary and welcome to QCOA, I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to seeing your quilts.
T Lynn - SW Idaho

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 8:04 PM

Greetings Mary from Nebraska!!  Looking forward to hearing you on the post circuit!!  You'll really enjoy these.

Tammy--NE.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 8:28 PM

Hello Mary,

welcome to the site. I wish I were in Arizona right now. 

Kris

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 9:10 PM

Greetings from HOT Oklahoma and a warm quilty welcome to the site to you!

I think it is hotter in Arizona then here!

God bless,

Althea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:07 PM

welcome mary,   where in az do you live?   i come down there every spring for a week to casa grande.  what week is the quilt show? maybe i could co-ordinate the two, and perhaps you could recommend some good quilt stores in your area.     and, there a a couple of us who live in idaho.   which part of the state are you visiting?  i live in sandpoint, way up north.   gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 600
Michelle replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:28 PM

Hi all,

I'm in sunny CA and we were 100+ degrees this afternoon.  At least I don't have to deal with the humidity of the mid-west which I suspect many of you are also dealing with based on your home states.  I'm trying to finish up a crazy quilt, but because it's in a hoop and draped across my lap, I'm finding all kinds of excuses not to work on it--it's really just boils down to the heat and not wanting that "quilt" covering me up.

Michelle

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 12:05 AM

OK now you ladies in the warm sunny places are showing off. LOL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 290

Hi

I live in Tucson, AZ. So Casa Grande is not that far away. There are several great Quilt shops up there and we have 4 shops in Tucson. My most favorite shop is The Quilters Market as we meet there every Tuesday morning for our stitching group.

Our Quilt Show is January 22, 23, 24, 2010.

I am visiting in Mountain Home, my son inlaw is in the Air Force and was transfered here. Today we are going to Glens Ferry to check out the Quilt Shop and look around some. My daughter is more flexible on Quilt Shops then my husband:) I left him at home, LOL

Happy Quilting

Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 10:53 AM

mary ,  you're a wise woman, leaving hubby home.  my grandmother was born near mountain home.  hope you enjoy your visit.  i've been to some great quilt stores in the boise area.    we always go to az in may so i wouldn't be able to make it in january.  ski season is still going on, can't miss skiing.  well actually i would.  my dream is to go to the applique accadamy some day.  it's in january, too.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Mary--

So nice to meet you.  I'm in the Seattle area of WA and believe it or not, we've actually had a nice warm summer so far with very little rain.  As a Florida transplant I live for these 80 degree days which are few and far between here.  Hope to hear lots from you on this site.  It's a great one to visit.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Jul 17 2009 11:01 PM

Welcome to the forums, Mary!

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use