Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 145
Marie Posted: Wed, Jul 15 2009 4:49 PM

hi there all you quilters out there My name is marie and |Im very very new to forums but an old hand at quilting I live at the top of Ireland in donegal I will be going to the festival of quilts in england in august as its only an hour away on the plane. I have been to philadelphia and the amish community so see the quiltsd and hope to go to new york later ythis year as my daughter is moving there in august for her work. anyway hope  to hear from lots of you quilters soon bye for now

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Marie and welcome!

The quilt festival sounds like great fun, I hope you will come back and give us a report when you return home. I look forward to your report.

T Lynn - SW Idaho

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 560

Mari, welcome to our world of "this is the life".  I live in Portland Oregon; and have relatives who attend the "Festival of Quilts", they live in Douglas on The Isle of Man.  I hear it is quite something!!!  I can hardly wait for all the details little big and funny.  Or mishaps.  You'll learn that mishaps follow me, so I look at them as another way to laugh.

Does your daughter quilt as well?  Are you a hand quilter or machine or both?  In my mind I make beautiful hand made quilts, but in reality I use the machine. <G>

My twin sister, Corrine, spent her vacation in Ireland several years ago, and that is all she talks about.  Corrine would go back in a heart beat.  Do you plan on staying in Ireland when your daughter moves?  If you did then we'd all have a place to stay when we visit.  Of course you could stay here anytime.  See we just became BFF"S.  More than you bargined for, huh.

Anyway on a serious note, la la la la la ..........glad to have another quilter to correspond with. Welcome welcome welcome.

Colleen Kelly

www.cluttergutter.com

God is good.......all the time

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 5:41 PM

Marie--Welcome!!  My name is Tammy and I'm from the state of Nebraska. Definately is a long way from Ireland!  Some day it is my wish to go to England and Ireland but given the way my hubby likes to travel its a long way in the future. He likes to drive where ever we go and don't think we can drive there!!

How long have you quilted?  You said you're an old hand at it so thought I'd ask.  I've been quilting since 2001 and still learning. I think quilting is a learning experience everytime you make something.  You will enjoy the forums and the people here.  Everyone is willing to help and give tips and advice so hope to hear words of wisdom from you also. 

Happy Quilting----Tammy-NE.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Marie--

Welcome!  So good to meet you.  Look forward to hearing all about the festival as well as the quilts you've done.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:23 PM

Marie....

Welcome and nice to meet you.

Being new to things here isnt a bad thing alot of people to help.  I found the 10 steps to getting started a great help and then you can view as well the ones on blogging. You never know what you may find in this buffet of wonderful things...

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:20 PM

marie welcome.   i love your country,  we hope to get back there one day.   i think you'll find lots of great info here.   i live in north idaho, right next to canada.  i got the  first issue of the new irish quilt magazine.  great mag.   have you seen it.   gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 600
Michelle replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:32 PM

Hi there Marie,

Welcome.   It's nice to have a quilt buddy from Ireland.  I will be very interested in hearing your quilting experiences from an international perspective.  I have found that I learn so very much when I venture outside of my community and Guild.

Michelle

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 145
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 8:29 AM

hi colleen kelly what a fab irish name  I have been quilting and sewing since I was 11 yrs old my grandmother taught me I have 2 girls one of 28 and just married in new york 2 wks ago and another girl of 15 they are not into sewing or quilting at all although they can both do so just havent caught the bug yet hopefully one day I am married to Joe for 32 yrs and Have 7 sons. cant wait for the festival of quilts in birmingham it should be good and also cant wait to hit new york my son in law works with google in the dublin office at present but is moving to the new york office in aug my daughter his wife also works for an american co. in dub and is transferring to new york so NEW YORK HERE I COME  for my holidays what is portland like I here the sisters show is good have you ever been . I mainly like to applique quilts  I also knit lave to be precise I knit heirloom shetland  lace christening shawls from and early 19th century pattern which was usesd by the royalty of europe  for there children I enjoy doing that at night while I watch my soaps glad to hear from you and hope we keep in touch

marie

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 145
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 8:33 AM

Hi gina and yes I do gt the irish quilting mag it is good I didnt get the 1st issue is there anything in it Id like I love all tyes of quilting really I have cousins in canada its nice to be mmade so welcome by everyone on the forum chat to you soon

marie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:50 AM

hi marie,    everything in your new magazine is wonderful.   applique is my favorite, too.  if you're ever out on the west coast . i'm sure any number of us would love to take you to the sisters quilt show.  i've been a couple of times and it is phenominal.  i'll use any excuse to go again.     you need to train and get into walking shape and have good tennis shoes.     they hang the quilts at 8 in the morning and it is open until 5 or 6, then they all come down.  you have to do a lot of walking to see it all and the temp is usually in the 90's to 100's.  i can't transpose that into celcius in my head, but it's really hot.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 12:13 PM

Hi Marie...I'm originally from England and now live in Canada....welcome to QCA this is a very addictive platform and there are lots of nice people on here

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Jul 17 2009 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forums, Marie! It's always interesting to hear what other people like to quilt. You're in good company. Several of us do handcrafts other than quilting.

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use