Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:24 PM

oh mary, i'll take 6 feet of snow any day over hot,  i was thinking about making snow angels just the  other day when it was over 90.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 290

Yes I have to admit a little snow here and there would be nice. We have lived so long in AZ tho that we froze when we came up for Christmas. Then we had to drive home in a blizzard and that was it for us. My friends thought I was really funny as they are from Michigan and Iowa and are used to the snow.

Mary

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 10:19 AM

mary, we ski nearly every day in the winter, although now that i'm getting older,i only go for a few hours at a time instead of all day.   so we drive in blizzards all the time, you get used to it.

the worst time, was when we had to drive from seattle to idaho for a custody hearing, we couldn't choose to stay home.  halfway up snoqulamie pass on the west side  visibility went to zero.    there were five cars and a semi that went all the way across the state, it was late at night.   one of us would drive for 30 minutes then pull over and let the others pass.  we led each other across the state, hopscotching so no one person had to lead all the time. we had to drive real close to see the taillights of the car in front, and you couldn't see oncoming traffic until they were passing you.  not that there was much traffic. most folks are too sane to travel in those conditions.    it's usually a six hour drive and that night it took 10 hours.   we arrived and got a couple hours sleep before court that morning.    one year, when we were remodeling our condo we did that trip  for 48 weekends.    we've seen every kind of weather  mother nature can throw at you.   ice storms are the worst.   gini 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use