Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 180
Carol Posted: Mon, Jul 13 2009 12:07 AM

Hi ther I am new to this site so far i love it...I am from Canada and I am a quilt-a -holic and i dont plan to ever give it up ....hope to meet some other fellow quilters...

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,524
Pam Schue replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 6:08 AM

Hi Carol,  welcome to the site.  I'm from Indiana. You'll meet people from all over here.  They are great and very helpful. What part of Canada?  My son lives in Montreal. I say once a quilter always a quilter. 

Pam

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 9:31 AM

welcome carol,   i think nearly everyone here is a quilt-a-holic, so you're in  good company.  where in canada do youlive? i live just south of b.c.  what kind of quliting do you do.  which part do you like the best.  i love tp see everyone's quilts.  post some so we can enjoy them too.    this is a great site for getting advice and laughs.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Carol and welcome.  I'm from SW Idaho.  I've decided that once you get the quilting bug it is in your blood and your done for LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 766
Points 10,049
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 9:53 AM

Carol,

Welcome and nice to meet you!!!

I have to say your in good company...but your doing good first sign of getting better is admitting your a quiltin-holic...giggles and I mean better and the quilting....lol

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 190

Welcome Carol. You'll find lots of paasionate quilters here!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Carol--

So nice to have another Canadian join the site.  I'm from WA state, not too far from Vancouver, BC.  Have visited western Canada many times, but never ventured east.  Where is your home?  Like many  on this site, I'm definitely a quilt-a-holic, too.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 11:33 AM

HI Carol..I'm from Canada too and also new to the site...I'm from Ontario, where are you from??

Ontario, Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 180
Carol replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 6:13 PM

I am from Medicinehat Alberta....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 180
Carol replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 6:15 PM

I am from Medicinehat alberta so excited to find this site,,,,now I need to learn how to use it...lol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 8:44 PM

carol you're doing just fine, the learning curve is fast here.   my husband used to do a lot of business in medicine hat years ago.   that was when i worked and couldn't go wjth him.  maybe some day i'll get up there.    we have a lot of neighbors that summer in north idaho, that are  from calgary.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Nice to meet everyone....I'm not sure how to get around here at the moment either...I can see this becoming more addictive than facebook..what is everyone working on at the moment?  I'm working on a Black and White quilt from Love of Quilting April 08...I added hot pink Batik in the middle of it...it is for my son and his girlfriend (hence the hot pic, that is her favourite colour) also getting ready to start a lighthouse wall hanging

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:15 PM

It is a lot of fun meeting quilters from all over and I just love this site.  Hello to all -

Helen... I am working on so many projects...lol

I have 3 nieces that I am making the Fairy material into quilts for - simple quilts that I put Minkee on the back - then I made a cute little gnome/mushroom material quilt for my Grand daughter... and of course the Oklahoma Shop Hop quilt.  I just got my 2170 embroidery machine back from the repair shop and am planning on embroideing some embellishments on the quilt.  I think the site for RoadtoOklahomashophop is still up so you can see the 9 different shop quilts - I am doing the Ponca city finishing kit.  And let's see - I have 2 baby blankets that I am working on - new Grandchild sometime the end of the year - we find out Thurs whether it is a girl/boy and date she/he should be arriving...

so just a little busy...lol  I do a little each day and most of what is listed above is in the quilting stage... I have one project that is going to take me a while though - I love the color blue and my favorite flower is the Rose - so over the years my moniker was Bluerose... so I am making a quilt that has a Rose wreath in the center - it was all machine embroidered... then I bordered it with pieced blocks - sashing in between - now I have put one more border on that was just a piece of wild blue/blue material that gives the impression of rose leaves... I have one more round to go - I am thinking of embroidering blue roses in blocks again - and then I will put a piece of Blue Rose material for the final border.  I figure it will finish out at a queen/king size quilt...

I use sewing to take my mind off of the pain I live in each day.  They have diagnosed me with severe RA, OA, and now myofacial pain syndrome... I wish they would make up their minds and find a cure...lol  I figure it comes from all those days growing up burning the candle at both ends... I want to be up late and up early... I still get up early but now am in bed early too...lol

Glad to meet everyone here...

God bless,

Althea

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Tue, Jul 14 2009 4:09 PM

Althea,

I thought I had a lot of projects going on last year.  Wow!  I am so sorry to hear about your RA and OA.  My hubby has RA in both of his wrists.  Some days he does well, some days he does not.  I can see how quilting would keep your mind off the pain.The trick is to keep moving--or so I am told.   

It is a lot of fun meeting other quilters from all over.  I am enjoying the site but am still figuring out how to move around better and checking out the blogs, etc. 

Can't wait for the new QNN.TV series to start.  I have the hardest time finding quilting shows on the tv.  The Sewing with Nancy is usually on on Saturday morning, but the times change so I miss getting it recorded a lot. 

Take care.  Hello to all of you. 

Linda Lou

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Jul 14 2009 4:15 PM

hey there Althea and Linda it is good to meet you I hope to start to find my way around this site soon Happy

Happy

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use