rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 2,674
ceecee Posted: Wed, Jul 8 2009 6:21 PM

Hi,  

My name is CeeCee and I have been quitling for approx 5 years. . .I "dabbled" a bit prior to that but never took a real interested.  I was visiting a friend and she invited me to a "quilt a thon" for Quilts for Kids and I was hooked.  THe comradarie in the room was great. . .Since then I have been "self taught" using books and suggestions from other quilters.  A small group of us meet from time to time and do our own "challenges" block swaps etc. We rank from highly skilled to beginners and we all share ideas. . .I'm glad to part of this community!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Wed, Jul 8 2009 6:35 PM

Hi CeeCee,  Welcome to the world of quilting forums!!  You're going to love all the comraderie via the internet. I was skeptical when I first started but the information,friends and tips you gain are absolutely the best ever!!  Tell us all, where are you from here in the USA?  Would love to know!

Tammy--Nebraska

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,524

Welcome CeeCee,  This a great place to exchange ideas.  I'm just getting back into quilting.  Finding the time is really hard for me.  It takes me a while to start a project but once I'm started I'll go at it pretty good. 

Pam from Indiana

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Jul 8 2009 7:02 PM

Welcome CeeCee.....nice to meet you.

I have to say this is a candy store of ideas and thoughts. You will love it here I actually feel like this is my lounge within my sewing studio that everyone comes to chat and share things from pets to opinions or ideas...you never know what you may find and always a pleasure to log on. I hope you check out the 10 steps to getting started its a great way to learn alot fast so you find soooo much more.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 560

Welcome, welcome welcome CeeCee. 

Your group is what life is all about, Love.  How exciting to share with all the  levels of expertice. 

Tell us more about your challenge blocks.  Details, details, it sounds like way too much fun.  Maybe we should start one here,  I would be happy to get it off the ground here or help you do it or support you since it is your idea. You rock!

I am very excited to be part of this community as well.  CeeCee you are so right, IMHO you can not beat the comradarie between quilters, unless you add chocolate.  <G> OBVI

Colleen Kelly

www.cluttergutter.com

God is good.......all the time

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Jul 8 2009 7:12 PM

Sharing chocolate and quilting with friends.....can life get any better than that?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 2,674

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!   I feel at "home" here.  Our quilting challenges vary from time to time.  The first challenge we did was each person gave three six inch squares to each other person in the group.  We had to use some of each fabric in our projects. . .we had all types of projects ranging from tote bags to quilts to wall hangings. . .the next time we each got half yard of the same fabric and we had to make a project using a log cabin square. . .we are currently working on a block swap. . .each person gave a 12 inch block to the others in the group.  THe block patterns are all different and so are the fabrics. . .it will be interesting to see what everyone does. . .we always keep our "projects" top secret until we have our unveiling. . of course when we get together there is ALWAYS food and usually that includes chocolate!  I will try and upload some pics of the projects when we unveil

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Jul 8 2009 8:57 PM

CeeCee.

It sounds like a great group to be involved with. I am glad you have that opportunity. I wish we had something like that around my area. But I guess I will have to keep looking. Especailly if chocolate is involved......

Freinds, quilting and chocolate what could be better?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Wed, Jul 8 2009 9:55 PM

welcome ceecee,  it sounds like you belong to a busy group that has fun projects.. hope you like it here   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi and welcome CeeCee, I guess I missed this earlier. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Don't forget reading! Friends, quilting, reading and chocolate. What more could you want? :)

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the group, CeeCee!

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 2,674

Rhonnie,

Our group is not all local. . we have a "member" from Delaware and one from Virginia as well. . .we only get together about twice a year. . .I am trying to encourage them to join QCA. . .I know they would love it!  Seems like a warm and friendly group. . .but I think that comes with quilters naturally!!

ceecee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 560

Wow CeeCee, that is so cool!  There certainly is a bond among quilters.  Something a little different than other (whatever's); we share all and not afraid to say "I did not know that", or "help me, what am i doing wrong".  We jump in like "Hey BFF, I got your back, bring on the prob."  Seems like we compete in a different way, we want all our BFF to succeed including our NOOB.  Or just our QB's.

Quilted postcards are great for that.  Quick and inexpensive, or inchies.  I have a small collection from all over the world.  Yup, inchie's are exactly that.  1 inch square finished.  Trust me, they are addicting.  Chocolate and inchies, OMGoodness, scrap bins here I come.  This could be a delicious thread!...Off to work girlfriends and boyfriends; gotta jump in my scoobydoos.

Colleen Kelly

www.cluttergutter.com

God is good.......all the time

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Welcome ceecee.  Boy is this group amazing or what!  All you have to do is share an idea and everybody is ready to go with it.  Glad to have you with us.

Southwest Florida

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use