April Member of the Month: Pam Butler

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,030
QCA Admin Posted: Wed, Jul 8 2009 1:46 PM

Congratulations April Member of the Month, Pam Butler!

Keep reading to find out where Pam found the inspiration to start quilting!

Pam's Story:

“When my daughter was 13 or so she had a blanket that was just a store bought comforter, but she loved it.  It was faded and lumpy.  I was scared every time I laundered it thinking this time it was simply going to fall apart.  My mother did not quilt, but when I was 6 years old, Mom got out an old blanket and bought some fabric and recovered the old blanket.  I LOVED that blanket!  I decided that I would recover my daughter's favorite blanket, but HOW?  I did not even own a sewing machine.  I used duct tape to hem my pants!  I turned to the internet to help me find a way to re-cover an old blanket.  I wasn't having much luck finding instructions on how to do this, but I did find quilts and they were BEAUTIFUL!  I fell in love with the textures, designs and color.   I went to my husband and said, "I want to buy a sewing machine".  To which he replied. "WHAT FOR?” I told him that I was going to learn to quilt and the rest is history.”

Congratulations Pam, from everyone at Quilter's Club of America!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

And another one bites the dust, becoming a lover of quilts and quilt making. Congratualtions!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 455
Pam replied on Wed, Jul 29 2009 2:14 PM

Just found this today.  Thanks :) 

Who knew how much this would impact my life and the lives of my family (who have had to be very patient with me & my obsession!)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,618
Points 247,317
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 29 2009 3:00 PM

Quilting does change your life.  And I also congratulate you on the wonderful honor it is to be a Member of the Month - You are in the exclusive MOM club... someday i think QNN ought to get all the MOMs together for a lunch...hmmmm....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

great to hear of another personal starting to quilt...congratulations of become MOM...it is a great craft and so much fun

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 455
Pam replied on Thu, Jul 30 2009 8:26 AM

A MOM lunch would be so fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,618
Points 247,317
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 30 2009 6:58 PM

I wonder if QNN would bring us all together for a lunch...lol  It would be fun...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 835

Congratulations :-)

Jean

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use