An avatar is an image used to identify you throughout the site. When you first log in, your avatar will be a generic, grey silhouette of a person's profile, but you can change it to a picture of you, a favorite quilt you've made, one of your pets, or another desired image that you have stored on your computer. Here's how:
- Go to your Member Home Page
- Click Edit My Profile in your My Profile box in the center column
- You'll see three links: Profile Options, Site Options and Sign-In Information
- Click on Profile Options
- Click on the Change Avatar link
- You'll see a pop-up with two tabs: Upload An Avatar or Select An Avatar
- Upload An Avatar allows you to browse your computer for the desired image; once you find it, click USE UPLOADED IMAGE
- Select an Avatar allows you to pick from one of the site created avatars - just select the image you want and then click on Use Selected Image
- Important: Scroll all the way to the bottom and click SAVE.
Click here to go to STEP 6.