Just creating in my studio

Hello everyone. My name is Claudette and I have an obsession with sewing, crafts, and creating art of pretty much any kind. My husband helped me build a small but serviceable sewing room/craft room/office in the extra bedroom of our home, and I use it a LOT. I've been a sewer for many years, but I'm fairly new to quilting and am learning new things all of the time.

Published by

Comments

# re: ... And then there was another blog.@ Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:44 PM

Welcome to you!

by Anne

# re: ... And then there was another blog.@ Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:04 PM

i look forward to reading your blog

by gini

# re: Twister Quilt, Part 1@ Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:13 AM

Great tip and pictures.  It's always so much easier to do something when you can see it done.  Thanks.  Now I just have to get off my you know what and head  for my stash!

# re: Twister Quilt, Part 1@ Friday, March 18, 2011 5:09 AM

Hej Claudette,

Was wondering how large your block (in photo) ended up being?  Looks lovely by the way.  :-)

Lynette in Sweden

# re: Twister Quilt, Part 1@ Friday, March 18, 2011 9:17 PM

Lynette, the block currently measures at 12.5 inches.  I plan on adding a border and a background fabric (I'll be doing this "quilt as you go") so the finished blocks are going to wind up around 18 inches or so.

# re: Twister Quilt, Part 1@ Monday, April 11, 2011 6:16 AM

Hej Claudette!

The block size would be good for a center block in a quilt that I have in mind.... :-)  I just ordered and received my itty bitty twister block which makes a finished 1" block.  :-)  I haven't used it yet but did find a nice tutorial on making pinwheels in the shape of a heart and shamrock.  :-)  At the moment though I've started on my english piecing hexagon project.  Happy stitching!

Lynette

# re: Twister Quilt, Part 1@ Monday, July 4, 2011 2:31 PM

Great pics and instructions. Now that I've seen your demo I'm going to get a Twister template for all those scraps. It makes such a cute quilt. Thanks, Ada

by Ada

# re: Twister Quilt, Part 1@ Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:07 PM

Claudette, Thanks for telling me about your blog. I have made 5 or 6 Twisters now (both 5 and 10 inch) and have ordered a itty bitty twister tool. I am hooked.

by Sukochi

# re: Twister Quilt, Part 1@ Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:43 PM

Claudette,

Your tutorial is excellent. Twister is a really neat concept and thank you for taking the time to share this.