I've been working on a Dear Jane quilt for over a year now. While I've been following the assignments in the group here on QCA I have also started putting my first Baby Jane together (I'm working on three). This one follows Jane Stickle's original colour way. I will be hand quilting this in quarters to make it more manageable for me. I have two more rows to add to this before the quilting begins.
Some of my blocks are hand pieced and some machine pieced. It depends on how my hands are feeling when I make the block.
I've been MIA from the blogs for quite some time. I'm still working on many projects and will try to update more often. Meanwhile Oco has learned that quilting is not for lightweights or, perhaps, he's dreaming up a new project.
My DH decided to play with EQ6 today for the first time and came up with his own quilt design. I told him that he has to make it himself. I don't know if that will happen but I think he did a good job. The fabric colours are not exactly right but you get the idea.
He calls it Jaze Haze. Neither of us know why.
Sarah, is one of my co-workers who recently caught the quilting bug. She says I inspired her with all the things I bring in to show her. I also share the photos from QCA with her. She is 21.
This is her first quilt, a present for her boyfriend. She was very excited about it throughout the entire process. I couldn't wait to see it. I think she did a wonderful job and her BF will love it.
She is already planning the next quilt which we will be making together.
Another holiday wall hanging. This one was a breeze to make. It took me less than half a day from start to finish. The center is a panel from Moda's "Crazy 8" line by Sandy Gervais. When I saw it in the LQS I knew I wanted to do something with it. I think the dark borders really complement the panel. Once again I used a decorative stitch on the binding.
Valerie is a co-worker of mine who has been busy making baby blankets for the holidays. I'm always interested when I find another person who likes to work with her/his hands. The blankets are adorable. She makes holes all around the perimeter then crochets a border onto the blankets. She's thinking of making a quilt with fleece blocks connected with crocheted sashing. I think that will look great. Here are two of her blankets, one for a girl and one for a boy.
The LQS issued a challenge. Pick up a $3. package containing fabrics to make 1 block. Make a quilt using that block and any fabrics from your own stash. All quilts and money collected will be donated to a local retirement home. I picked a blue package since it's my favourite colour.
My block turned out to be a churn dash block. I picked the fabrics before I knew what I was going to make. After much agonising I decided to make a quilt from a churn dash block using the original block as the centre.
I named the quilt "In a Dash" because it's a churn dash within a churn dash.
I used a quick turn method to sandwich the quilt. I quilted it in the ditch from the front and the back then added diagonal lines in the 4 corners. My label was attached and the quilt laundered.
I will deliver it today when the LQS opens.
I've been working on a pattern I call "Starry, Starry Night". I've changed it more times than I can remember. DH is sick of giving his opinion since I keep changing it anyway. I'm just not sure it's done. Tell me what you think. Don't be shy and don't worry about hurting my feelings.
This is the EQ6 design using fabrics from Connecting Threads' "Twilight Frost" line:
My first holiday quilt. I will hang it in my living room. Maybe.
When Jodie Davis started the thread about being a slob, she asked us to post photos of our quilting spaces at that moment. I took this photo and was shocked by my own mess.
I decided that something must be done. My room was by far the messiest of all the ones posted. I tried moving things around but ended up putting them all back and added a new piece along the way. The clean up was quite tedious.
I finally finished up last night. It looks much better. I think I cleaned up my creativity along the way because I ended up not sewing for almost 2 weeks. I tried to blame this on Jodie who made me face this mess head on.
I'm not sure how long it will stay clean but I will try. The goal is to clean up before I leave the room and work on one project at a time during each sewing session.
I made this quilt from a Sewing with Nancy episode on QNNtv. I wanted pattern to use up some flannels I bought years ago. This one was perfect. I wrote down the measurements as I watched then replayed the episode and paused as I made each part.
The episode is series 1600, Star Spangled Patchwork Part 1.
It's been a while since I posted here.
This is one of my more recent projects. I made it for my friend Toula who was going through a rough patch in life. I wanted to make something to help lift her spirit.
I drew upon her love for god and family for my own inspiration. She loves pink so I had to include that colour some how. I'm on an appliqué right now so that helped me decide on the flowers. The nine patch blocks represent the cross. The words were taken from 1 Corinthians 13:13.
I used Valiente to round out the words because it is her family name and I think it's nice to tie it all together this way.
It isn't quilted yet but I have an idea of what I will do with it. This top was completed on Sep 26 2009.
Finally, here are the rest of the quilt show photos:
And that's a wrap. Thanks for viewing.
More Posts « Previous page
- Next page »