Sew Many Projects, So Little Time

This is showcase of my projects in various stages.

Jason's First Quilt Design

My DH decided to play with EQ6 today for the first time and came up with his own quilt design. I told him that he has to make it himself. I don't know if that will happen but I think he did a good job. The fabric colours are not exactly right but you get the idea.

He calls it Jaze Haze. Neither of us know why.

Comments

Nana said:

Kris I like it.  It reminds me of tiled floors.  Very unique.

# June 5, 2010 11:53 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Wow, he did a great job Kris. Now all you have to do is talk him in to making it, but then he may be wanting to us all your quilting stuff....hmmmmm

# June 6, 2010 12:19 AM

jay-marie said:

I love this design Kris it is a great one for guys.

# June 6, 2010 7:47 AM

Thea said:

Very masculine Kris, Does it work out for piecing or paper piecing.... was trying to see what the exact pieces are because they are such an unusual shape.  You should send this into one of the mags... I think it is publishable.  Very nice job!  Can't wait to see it in fabric,

God bless, Thea

# June 6, 2010 8:05 AM

Patti said:

Hey, you may make a quilter of him!  Or maybe he will just design quilts for you to make.  My dad used to look at recipe magazines for recipes he wanted my mother to try.

# June 6, 2010 8:36 AM

Helen Bell said:

he did a great job Kris...areyou turning it into a pattern??

# June 6, 2010 9:06 AM

Kathy D said:

Way cool Kris.

# June 6, 2010 11:46 AM

Diane Morgan said:

Great job! It would be so good if he made it himself. Quilting's addictive! I love the name Jaze Haze.....Jason and the squares are a little off from the norm so they could be hazy. He could start a whole new quilting pattern company and call it Jaze.

# June 6, 2010 12:45 PM

gini said:

kris, how exciting.    how are you thinking about coloring it?   it would be very cool with gradations of color.    i like it very much    gini

# June 6, 2010 2:31 PM

Stephanie said:

Jason has Talent!!!!!!! I like it!

# June 6, 2010 6:05 PM

Emma.Bell1110 said:

Wow for his first quilt design this is amazing! I do not know if they accept other quilters design. But, I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative patterns like this one. In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com. Check it out and maybe you can put you quilt pattern on their site.

# June 7, 2010 12:16 PM

Kris said:

Thanks for all the great comments everyone.

# June 7, 2010 6:55 PM

Judy Johnson said:

Kris, it's very interesting. At first I thought it would be too difficult for a first quilt, but I can see using a flip & sew technique with some interesting batiks that wouldn't be that hard too do. (Just make sure he buys lots more fabric that EQ would suggest, because there is a fair amount of waste---or triangle squares for a secon quilt.) I think it's great that you too may end up with the same hobby.

# June 9, 2010 12:32 PM

Kris said:

Judy, I'm writing the cutting instructions for him so he can rotary cut it and not have to use templates. He's doing well so far.

# June 9, 2010 3:29 PM