Sew Many Projects, So Little Time

This is showcase of my projects in various stages.

Valerie's Baby Blankets.

Valerie is a co-worker of mine who has been busy making baby blankets for the holidays. I'm always interested when I find another person who likes to work with her/his hands. The blankets are adorable. She makes holes all around the perimeter then crochets a border onto the blankets. She's thinking of making a quilt with fleece blocks connected with crocheted sashing. I think that will look great. Here are two of her blankets, one for a girl and one for a boy.

Comments

Nana said:

Very pretty blankets. I like the crocheted edging.

# December 17, 2009 1:26 AM

Stephanie said:

Beautiful baby blankets. A treasure with the crochet edge.

# December 17, 2009 4:31 AM

msplantladi said:

Kris and Valerie thanks so much for sharing. I have seen these type of blankets and always wanted to do them. Valerie what do you use to punch your hole in the fleece? I am sure the quilts will be well recieved, very nice job.

# December 17, 2009 7:20 AM

jay-marie said:

These are beautiful and again how do you get the yarn into the fleece to start.

Jay-Marie UK

# December 17, 2009 9:26 AM

gini said:

kris, what a great idea.  i haven't seen the crochet done on the fleece before.   i think i cold do that.   great gifts.   gini

# December 17, 2009 10:29 AM

Helen Bell said:

what a great idea...wish I had seen this before I blanket stitched around my fleece blanket...the crochet is much prettier

# December 17, 2009 1:44 PM

Kris said:

She used a small pair of scissors to make the holes.

# December 17, 2009 4:55 PM

Happy said:

They are cute

# December 17, 2009 7:46 PM

Judy Iliff said:

Those really are nice, Kris! I think the blocks sashed with crochet would be neat.

# December 17, 2009 11:22 PM

Jeanne McDonald said:

The fleece quilts are great; something I wouldn't have thought of.  Crocheting makes them even more appealing to try.  I have so many things to make, I forgot where to start.  Got a new greatgranddaughter on the way in August,I'd like to make a  quilt in minky fabric cause it's so soft.  My granddaughter and I are going to embroidery squares, most ly pink.  Any suggestions would be great.  (Also making her Christening Dress).

If I don't get up and go working on things, my fabric would probably get up and go by itself.

# March 29, 2011 3:45 PM