Sew Many Projects, So Little Time

This is showcase of my projects in various stages.

Patchwork Party Blocks

Here are some of the blocks from Marti Michell's Patchwork Party Spring Edition. There are 12 blocks total. I bought my finishing kit from "Great American Quilt Factory". I already have them all cut out but I sew them in between other projects.

Comments

Thea said:

Kris I love them - I think I have every one of those fabrics in my stash... shame on me for not sewing them up into something wonderful like you are!  Great job...

God bless,

Althea

# August 9, 2009 7:23 PM

Sandy H. said:

Kris, I wanted to do this block party because I just love all these fabrics.  Now that I see them made up I really wish I had bought them.  You are doing a beautiful job.  Can't wait to the whole quilt.

# August 9, 2009 7:30 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Kris,

What a great job. They are going to make a beautiful quilt. I've never done a kit. I did get a Christmas Wall hanging Kit but have not started it yet.

# August 9, 2009 7:38 PM

Thea said:

Kris - i forgot to tell you that your piecing is fantastic - i absolutely am in awe of your work... I love the top block with the secondary star block - it is great...

Great work and i for one can not wait to see the finished quilt... I am doing a BOM at the moemnt called Aquarious - I should take pictures of the blocks and post them - I have some needing to be done as the finishing kit is next month - guess I know what I am going to be doing after I get SM's quilt made... they are tough though the toughest blocks I have ever made... but look so pretty when they are done.

God bless,

Althea

# August 9, 2009 7:58 PM

Joyce Brenden said:

Kris--

Your blocks are beautiful.  Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

# August 10, 2009 12:09 AM

Kris said:

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. Thea, I got lucky with these. The pieces just seem to fall into place as I sew. That is not always the case.

# August 10, 2009 12:11 AM

gini said:

kris, can't wait to see the finished quilt, love the colors.  gini

# August 10, 2009 12:54 AM

Jean Fraser said:

Kris I love the fabrics !!!

Jean

# August 10, 2009 9:07 AM

Sarah Germain said:

Kris, absolutely beautiful.  I am doing a Marti Mitchell $5 quilt.  I can't remember the name of it offhand, I'll look later.  I'm on block 7.  I'll have to learn how to add the photos like you have done.

Sarah aka Gramupnorth

# August 15, 2009 10:28 AM

Judy Iliff said:

Kris, these are beautiful! I can't wait to see the whole quilt when you're finished.

# August 15, 2009 11:29 PM

MNnancy said:

Can I ask what size these blocks are?  I really like them, and if they're the right size, I may buy the pattern and substitute these blocks for the ones designated in my upcoming bedspread project.  You've inspired me!

Is Marti Michell's Patchwork Party Spring Edition a book?

# August 27, 2009 9:09 PM

MNnancy said:

Oh, I found the website: www.patchworkparty2009.com/.../index.htm.  I see that they are 12"blocks.

Have you purchased all of Marti's templates for working on these blocks?  Is it possible to make them without the templates?

# August 29, 2009 9:12 PM

Jutta said:

Kris, I love your Blog. The love your Patchwork Party Blocks. You did a great fabric and color scheme. Just beautiful.

Jutta

# November 5, 2009 6:57 PM

Pat said:

Kris,

Just happened to open your blog and wonder did you finish this quilt, and if so, could your share a picture?

# May 13, 2010 11:02 AM

Nana said:

Kris someway I missed these.  Wow.  They are beautiful.  Wish I had seen this kit.....going to be a stunning quilt.

# May 13, 2010 11:40 AM

Kris said:

Pat,

I am ashamed to say I haven't finished it yet. I work on it in between other things. It is on my list of WIPs that need to be completed.

Nana,

I found these while I was doing the fabshop hop. Marti Michell does one every quarter.

# May 13, 2010 2:00 PM

bonnie rae said:

Hi Kris, I absolutely love the quilt setting from Great American Quilt Co. I've tried many times to acquire the pattern for the quilt setting by contacting the store and was not able to obtain it before they closed their doors. Do you have any idea how I could obtain a copy?

# January 12, 2012 4:23 PM

Kris said:

Bonnie Rae, I'm no sure. They still send out email every now and then. If I find anything I'll let you know.

# January 12, 2012 4:42 PM

bonnie rae said:

Kris, Thank you so much. That would help.

# January 16, 2012 1:01 PM