Sew Many Projects, So Little Time

This is showcase of my projects in various stages.

This morning's Project

I started working on this when I got home from work last night but I stopped after 1 hour. I finished it up this morning. THe idea came from a project sheet on the accuquilt website. I have the GO cutter. Using the cutter I was able to cut 6 hexagons at a time. I used some fat quarters from my stash. DH commented that it would look good on the table for the fall.

I'm heading off to work now. Will check back in once I get settled.

Comments

Spudgrandma said:

Kris,

That is so pretty, I love the big flower in the middle.

# July 30, 2009 7:43 PM

Spudgrandma said:

By the way, your hubby is right, it would look very nice on the table!

# July 30, 2009 7:44 PM

maryg said:

This looks great!  I went through a "stage" where I carried around a bag of these shapes, and pieced while waiting for kids at various activities.  I later (much later) used them to make placemats, pillow covers--and even a cover for my mixer.  With a green background, it really looked like a flower.  I never got the idea to use a large flower in the middle, though--good thought!

# August 6, 2009 9:38 PM

gini said:

kris, love your block.  i'm doing the same pattern with 1/4 inch hexagons.  i don't recommend it, and the little men are arriving soon to take me away.   i need 80 little flowers, and i don' think i'll ever be done.  and like mary, i take them everywhere.   i can get two done on the drive to and from the golf course.   only one on my way to and from mom's........   gini

# August 7, 2009 2:37 AM

Kris said:

Gini, that's all there is to it. This is for the table. I'm actually working on a GFG using 1 inch hexagons. I use inklingo. I'm going really slowly on it since I only pull it out when I want to take a break from something else.

I don't think I'll go any smaller than that. Good luck with yours.

# August 7, 2009 3:27 AM

Carol said:

I like it very much. I haven't tried set -in seams lately. I have a hard time with them. Is there a trick to them?

# August 7, 2009 3:54 AM

Thea said:

Kris, I have some hexagons from Patti  - she was at retreat with me - I haven't yet used them -- my hands just do not behave well anymore when I try and do hand work - but I am thinking maybe after seeing your table cover that I might try something small.. very nice.

God bless,

Althea

# August 8, 2009 9:42 PM

Joyce Brenden said:

Kris--

Love this block, especially the fussy cut center.  Fabric choices are great.

# August 10, 2009 12:15 AM