Sew Many Projects, So Little Time

This is showcase of my projects in various stages.

Princesses for Allison

Got the binding done on this one last night. I now have to plan a trip to deliver it.

As Althea suggested I used a decorative stitch to sew down the binding instead of doing it by hand. Here's what I did:

The binding is done with two different fabrics so the stitches change when the fabric does. I used this star and a butterfly.

and here's the back:

and a little extra to go with the quilt. It was done by one of my co-workers.

Comments

Jean Fraser said:

Your quilts are beautiful! you do such nice work. anyone recieving one must feel very special

# July 30, 2009 6:08 AM

Kris said:

Thanks Jean

# August 9, 2009 5:08 PM

Thea said:

I get blamed for a lot of things - but this I will take a bow for - that is fantastic Kris... I just absolutely love it... you did a fantastic job - and the little plaque - how adorable...

God bless,

Althea

# August 9, 2009 7:19 PM

Joyce Brenden said:

Kris--

Allison will love this.  It's perfect for a princess.  Beautiful job.

# August 10, 2009 12:18 AM

Adele said:

wow i just saw this and i have to say i just love it and so does my DD Lilly... she wants one now LOL adding it to my list.

# September 16, 2010 10:28 PM

Diane Morgan said:

Kris~this is so nice! I love all the personal things on it......and the back with the line of stars is such a nice finish. Allison must love this!

# September 17, 2010 8:51 AM

BrendAnne said:

I love the binding method you have used! Thank you for sharing your talents!

# September 18, 2010 7:47 PM

Stephanie said:

Kris,

This is perfect. I'll definitely have to give the binding a try. What an adorable quilt and plaque. Can't believe I missed it.

# September 20, 2010 6:12 PM

Sandra said:

LOVE the binding decorative stitch!  This is definitely going on my next quilt.  Thank you so much for the tip and picture.

# October 1, 2010 5:21 PM

Shirley said:

I love the stiching that you used   GREAT JOB

# October 1, 2010 7:36 PM

Rosemary Jordan said:

Love the decorative binding and the timesaving method. That's important to me since I have 17 grandchildren, and only three quilts have been made so far. The hand sewing on the binding was the hardest part. Thank you for this method, which is also beautiful.

# October 4, 2010 12:02 AM

PATRICIAE said:

I love the binding too.  Just purchased a machine with decorative stitches and now i cannot wait to try this out.  I am newer to the community but you ladies and gentlemen have some wonderful ideas.  I love the sharing.

# October 10, 2010 7:55 PM

jay-marie said:

Kris I love the binding as well as the quilt it is good to see the princesses being naughty too much better than being perfect all the time.

# October 12, 2010 4:06 PM

Kris said:

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. Jay-Marie I felt the same way about the naughty princesses.

# October 12, 2010 5:42 PM

dianabesaw said:

i love your quilt.my granddaughter loves being called princess.she would love a quiltso beautiful

# December 4, 2010 12:06 PM

Rose MASUDA said:

What a beautiful quilt. I have a four year old granddaughter, who would love this quilt, where did you purchase the material? Did you do this on a long arm machine. I only have a regular Janome sewing machine and an embroidery machine. I would like to purchase a quilting machine, but don't know what kind or model is better. Please email me at: togorose1@hotmail.com in your prefernces to quliting machines as I am new to quilting. Thank yous all.

# February 14, 2011 3:38 AM

MINDYT said:

This is beautiful.  Where did you find this princess fabric?

# July 13, 2011 8:28 AM

Robin said:

I love the idea of a decorative stitch on the binding.

Your quilt is very princnessy I'm sure the little princess will love it.

Robin