Sew Many Projects, So Little Time

This is showcase of my projects in various stages.

Top Completed!

I finished Nana & Gramp's quilt top last night (June 28). My husband really likes it. He helped me pin it to the wall so I could get a good photo.  Problem with doing that was a bit of warping from the weight of the top against the pins. It fills the wall from ceiling to floor. I took a photo of it on my sewing room floor and it looks more square there. I'm still trying to figure out what to do on the back. I like to piece my backs but this one may get a plain back, who knows...

This is it on the floor

and on the wall:

Comments

Wanda Black said:

What an excellent idea!  Very creative.  Congratulations on getting the top completed.

Ah, the back, and you like to piece backs?!  My hat's off to you.  I don't like to piece the back, but yet I always have a little left from the pieced top so I work it into the back.  It always turns out great, so I guess I dread getting started.  So, dive in and start piecing the back.  I'm confident it'll look great!

# June 30, 2009 11:46 AM

Kris said:

Thanks Wanda. I never thought about piecing the back as making two quilts until my husband mentioned it. Most of the quilts I've done are indeed two for one. Sometimes the back has nothing from the front.

I have quite a bit of fabric left from this one.

# July 1, 2009 3:24 AM

maryg said:

What a wonderful quilt!  And piece that back--use some of the leftover fabric where you can--it will be great!

# July 3, 2009 8:21 AM

Kris said:

My husband went tot he quilt shop last Friday and picked up 8 yards of fabric he thinks I should use on the back. I like it so I won't be pieceing the back after all. I will make a storage bag from the leftover fabrics.

# July 4, 2009 9:43 PM

Thea said:

Kris - that is beautiful - I just absolutely love it...  Who are these people - your DH's or yours?

# July 25, 2009 11:10 PM

Kris said:

They are my DH's grandparents. I really love these people and wanted to do something to show them how much. DH is very excited about it.

# July 25, 2009 11:45 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Kris,

What a wonderful gift for you DH's grandparents.  What is the story behind the hands, or is there one?

# July 26, 2009 12:05 AM

Kris said:

I just thought hands represent so much. They hold they nurture they can be strong, gentle. Our wedding album includes a photo of our hands and we've done photos for two other couples that included their hands. I just thought they are the perfect symbol for love.

# July 26, 2009 7:47 PM

gini said:

kris, wonderful idea for a memory quilt.  nana and gramps will love it   gini

# July 26, 2009 7:53 PM

Applekrisp said:

if you haven't done the backing yet, may I suggest heart in hand?

www.zazzle.com/heart_in_hand_t_shirt-235101841868814584

I know that link is a tea shirt, but the idea is interesting, you would have to adapt it to your color scheme.  Or a simpler backing with a small patched heart in hand or two hands holding a heart...leave the top of the patch open...attached as a pocket and put a special letter inside about your love for them and what them mean to your family...just and idea

# July 22, 2010 5:54 PM

Kris said:

Thanks for the suggestion Applekrisp but the quilt has been completed and delivered. DH chose the backing.

# July 22, 2010 6:53 PM

Bonnie said:

KRIS ~ what a awesome quilt!!  You did a fantastic job.

# July 22, 2010 11:20 PM