Spudgrandma's Thoughts on Quilting & Life!

I ordered my Fun Quilter

I finally did it and I ordered a 17" Fun Quilter, in green, with the equalizer stitch regulator.  I will be using in on my ProFlex frame.  I only ordered one LOL, I could not find a picture of just the green one.

I'm really excited.  I have been busy trying to get some quilts ready so that when I get my new system set up and figured out I will having something to quilt.

Comments

Meggov said:

I am envious!  I have been debating whether or not to buy a long arm for the last year or so.  Space and money are of course concerns. I'm afraid I may get even more addicted than I am currently if I buy one!  Let us know how you like it!

Margaret

# October 18, 2010 10:18 PM

Spudgrandma said:

I understand, I took over the living room for the frame and I researched for several years and tried out diffrent machines before deciding what I wanted.  Then I saved so now I'm just waiting and that is the hardest part of all.

# October 18, 2010 10:24 PM

Terri-Lynn said:

Oooh!  Very nice!  I'm "green" with envy.  LOL!  Hopefully, it gets their nice and quick for you, and that you don't become too addicted once it does that you forget to pop up for air once in a while! :)

# October 19, 2010 12:41 PM

Tammy said:

Good for you Spud!!   Hope you enjoy it to the fullest.  It would be nice indeed, but unfortunately, I haven't got the room for one of these, so, I'll keep using what I have. Hubby would frown if I spent that much. Different if it's for the farm because that would make $$$ for the farm.  Oh, well, I'll keep dreaming!! Maybe someday----!!!

# October 21, 2010 8:53 AM

Grandma Diane said:

Congratulations!  I bought mine a year ago.  Live in Iowa, my husband found Nolting in Hiawatha on line.  We visited though they don't normally sell directly to the public, Tom, president of the company (didn't know this till after we left) invited us down to see their facillity.  Had a tour of the actual build of the machines. Each machine is assembled by only one person.  If there is a problem with the machine, he is the one you will talk with! Tom gave us an hour of his time that day.  I was able to "test drive" severly machines. $$$ pretty much decided which machine it would be.  I have enjoyed my machine greatly.

My best advice, practice, practice!!  I don't do that enough.   Enjoy!

# October 21, 2010 9:20 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to stay calm while I wait but it sure is hard.

Grandma Diane, I'm hoping there won't be such a learning curve this time.  I will be using the same frame so will just have to learn a new machine.  I will be practicing lots though.

# October 21, 2010 10:15 PM

MNnancy said:

Spud, how fun for you!  Remind me what machine you had on the frame previously.  When do you expect it to arrive?

# October 23, 2010 1:53 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Nancy, I had a Brother 1500 with a 9" throat. My dealer called on Mon and said that it should ship about the 3rd of Nov and then it will be about a week before I actually get it.  Thank you for all your encouragement when I originally got my frame, you and several others helped me so much by telling me I could do it.

# October 27, 2010 10:37 PM