I've started my journey making quilts for my grandchildren for their big
beds. My oldest, and only girl, will be 7 in Sept and I'm starting
with her quilt which I am calling Maggie's Bug Quilt. As usual, I
bought the fabric and then tried to figure out what I was going to do
with it. I designed the quilt in EQ6 and for a first effort I'm quite
pleased with the results.
The main fabric has lady bugs, butterflies, and fireflies. It is very cute and the quilt picture does not do justice to the actual fabric.
I have the final border to attach and then I will piece the backing as soon as I figure out exactly what I'm going to do.
BTW: The picture of the quilt is the EQ picture, I do not have all the borders on the quilt yet.
This quilt has been on the frame to be quilted since June 2011, I was not able to quilt while taking treatments, hope to get to it soon.
I finally got Maggie's quilt quilted and off the frame, here is a picture just before it was finished.