Spudgrandma's Thoughts on Quilting & Life!

The QFH is Finally finished!

I finally finished the QFH. I spent the day sewing the binding on and it is in the wash. It feels so good to have this one done and I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.  I'm sure glad I stuck with it, I thought seriously about giving up on it early on but I hung in there.

I will post a picture tomorrow when I get one taken..... On to new projects. I need to decided what I want to make next. I'm not ready as it did not take me nearly as long to finish the quilting on this one, I guess I'm figuring it out LOL

Here is the pieced back.

I used the left over jelly-roll strips for the binding. I actually used up most of the fabric on this one and did not buy any extra for the back and binding.

Comments

Spudgrandma said:

It feels so good to finally have this done and I am pleased with it. So, onward and upward. Time to figure out what I'm going to tackle next!

# October 28, 2009 12:44 PM

Renaye said:

Your quilt is great.  I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture on my blog.  Don't know if something is wrong or if I just am a little bit slow on catching on.  But I just want to say "thanks" for all your encouragement throughout this site.  You are a very "upbeat" person.  We all need a "leader" and I definitely need help from time to time.  So thanks.

Anyway, I better get busy with my morning life.

Renaye

# October 29, 2009 9:34 AM

Helen Bell said:

way to go Spud..you can now put the quilt behind you or...on top of you..teehee...anyway what are you going to do now...hmmm...MQ maybe...there's still time to catch up you know...wink wink..

# October 29, 2009 9:37 AM

Anita said:

way to go Spud ,Your quilt is great, love the pieced back great Idea

# October 29, 2009 8:21 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Thanks ladies, the quilt is in the car waiting to cover someone up.

Helly, I'm thinking on what to do next, it has to be something easy and fast. I'm thinking a tossed 9-patch with my Fat 1/4s.  I have the Irish chain in progress but I'm not in a hurry with that one because it is a king and I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt it so I'm just working on it in between other things.

# November 2, 2009 2:25 PM

Stephanie said:

Spud, sure do miss you being here. Love your quilts and thanks for sharing so much of yourself along the way.

# November 27, 2009 5:00 AM